Moderator: wab

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Oh. But... it didn't look that rainy in the video... :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
G08
Hall of Famer

"He's a top-five lock." That's what one general manager told me this week about North Carolina quarterback Mitch Trubisky. In the media there is a strong debate about who the top quarterback is this year, but the feeling I get from teams is that Trubisky is QB1.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

ok ... so that is about 6 un-named GM's choosing 6 different QB's as their top one for 2017 ... which means .... it is anybody's guess

it also means theses un-named GM's may have alternative motives behind what they are saying on the subject
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:ok ... so that is about 6 un-named GM's choosing 6 different QB's as their top one for 2017 ... which means .... it is anybody's guess

it also means theses un-named GM's may have alternative motives behind what they are saying on the subject
My gut tells me he's ticketed for the 49ers if they don't trade for Garoppolo.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:ok ... so that is about 6 un-named GM's choosing 6 different QB's as their top one for 2017 ... which means .... it is anybody's guess

My gut tells me he's ticketed for the 49ers if they don't trade for Garoppolo.
I could see Shanahan liking him.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

If the Bears did go with a QB at #3 this guy is the only one I want.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
G08
Hall of Famer

Trubisky had fewer career starts (13) than Watson had last year (15). In a 28-21 loss to rival N.C. State last November, Trubisky completed 23 of 38 passes for 280 yards and three touchdowns.

Doeren: "I was impressed with his accuracy. He operated their offense extremely efficiently, good game manager. Look at his touchdown to interception ratio (30-6). You see guys force it and turn the ball over and he didn't do that. He's more mobile than people think at (6-foot-3, 220 pounds).

"I never felt like his arm was weak by any means, but their offense wasn't a big-shot type. It's more timing-oriented, the ball is out quick, a lot of underneath things and then they'll take their shots. There was never a throw where you thought, 'Oh, that was kind of hard for him.'"

What would be your biggest question?

Doeren: "I don't think there's anything you look at and say he doesn't do this well. He's a really good player, talented, smart, big, strong. He can run, good statistics. He just hasn't played a lot of football."

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIzMpuDL68

Sorry about the quality, but I've said almost all these things. By no means am I throwing a brick at my t.v. if the Bears take him first, but he has the most question marks.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iJIzMpuDL68

Sorry about the quality, but I've said almost all these things. By no means am I throwing a brick at my t.v. if the Bears take him first, but he has the most question marks.
Thanks, I've been waiting for someone to come up with the 1 Yr Starter list.
(I think these are probably R1 only?)

Akili
Tannehill
Sanchez
Newton

total bust
fairly good
bad until his 5th yr, when he started elevating up towards below average
avg starter, but makes up for lack of polish with size and athleticism that Trubisky doesn't have

Small list. Not definitive. But I'm still left squeamish.
The 2 relatively successful guys had way more physical gifts than Tru to offset their inexperience.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

Mjiton wrote:Can't keep pussyfootin around the QB situation.
The only way you don't pull the trigger on a QB at #3 is if you
get & are happy with Jimmy G. In that case I still try to grab Kaaya later.

No Jimmy G. I look to Trubisky at #3. You can't win if you don't play.

And no way is the #3 pick in any conversation about trading for Jimmy G.
I don't understand this argument. If you're willing to draft a QB at #3, then why wouldn't you use it to trade for one?

Do you think Trubisky is better? There's not much evidence of that right now.

Do you want a guy that's younger? Either one could play another 10+ years.

Do you want a guy that's cheaper? Ok, but that also means that you're happy with not winning right away as well. If all things are equal, I'd rather pay a guy who's ready to go than wait a year or two for my draft pick to mature.

Now if Trubisky/Watson/Kizor was going to be significantly better, than sure - draft him and keep Hoyer around. I just don't think we can make that projection.
G08
Hall of Famer

Because trading for one does you no favors, especially if you're burning the #3 overall pick. In the case of Garoppolo, you are burning a very high pick for an unproven player, one that has zero reps in your system, does not know your offense/receivers, and will basically be guaranteed a large second contract due to the investment made in him.

Drafting a QB at #3 for us buys at least 5 years of evaluation time of said QB. That has value.

wab
Mod

It's really the contract situation with JG. The way the rookie pay scale is now, whiffing on a QB doesn't necessarily set your franchise back. Trading for an unproven one and giving him a massive contract can. I mean, you could argue the Texans would've been better off resigning Hoyer.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I get that. Drafting a QB at #3 or trading the pick for JG are both a risk, using the pick slightly mitigated by the lower contract requirements.

That said, if you believe that Trubisky and JG have roughly the same ceiling you might as well go with the guy who is three years ahead in NFL coaching, film study, weight training, and play style.

That's worth something as well.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Yes but couldn't you just plan on tagging him? That gives you 3 years to figure out if Jimmy is your guy. Like Cousins. Eventually if he is you sign him long term.

I think with no doubt he is the better prospect then anything in this draft.
G08
Hall of Famer

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I get that. Drafting a QB at #3 or trading the pick for JG are both a risk, using the pick slightly mitigated by the lower contract requirements.

That said, if you believe that Trubisky and JG have roughly the same ceiling you might as well go with the guy who is three years ahead in NFL coaching, film study, weight training, and play style.

Entirely different system, though. If anything he will be forced to forget everything he learned and reboot his football mind. We already ruined one QB in this city doing that essentially every 1.33 years.

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:
Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I get that. Drafting a QB at #3 or trading the pick for JG are both a risk, using the pick slightly mitigated by the lower contract requirements.

Entirely different system, though. If anything he will be forced to forget everything he learned and reboot his football mind. We already ruined one QB in this city doing that essentially every 1.33 years.
See a JG trade would make the most sense if McDaniels had taken a job, bring Jimmy G with him and system continuity is in place to make a transition much easier.
G08
Hall of Famer

BamaBear09 wrote:
G08 wrote:

See a JG trade would make the most sense if McDaniels had taken a job, bring Jimmy G with him and system continuity is in place to make a transition much easier.
That at least would make sense to me.

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

So my fiance's trainer got me the hookup to check out some NFL draft prospect workouts today. Jordan Palmer was holding a workout at a high school here in Southern California which was supposed to include Deshaun Watson.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Deshaun Watson as I had hoped, he ended up not being able to show up for the workout. However, he will be throwing tomorrow with Jordan Palmer and my buddy will be there watching and taking some videos. I'll share whatever I can.

But I did get to see some of Trubisky's workout - which also included Cooper Kupp as well. I saw the tail end of the workout, maybe for about 15-20 min.

Not much you can glean from a workout in shorts but the only notable thing I took away was Trubisky was definitely not 6'3. I think at most he was about 6'2 - not a huge deal obviously - but the real height and weight measurements come out next week at the combine so I'll be interested to see his size. I will note that he was well built for his size though.

For the most part he looked decent, good mechanics and footwork. Arm strength was decent, nothing spectacular. I only got a couple videos in, as I wasn't sure I was able to videotape too much.

Also, Cooper Kupp looked really nice. Smooth route runner and loved his hands. Again, it's not a padded workout - just running around in shorts - but liked what I saw in limited action.

Anyhow, all in all it was a terrific day off of work and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here are the clips I uploaded to YouTube. I know it's not much but like I mentioned, I wasn't sure how long I could video tape the workout without getting noticed so I was pretty judicious in what I was able to get.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:So my fiance's trainer got me the hookup to check out some NFL draft prospect workouts today. Jordan Palmer was holding a workout at a high school here in Southern California which was supposed to include Deshaun Watson.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see Deshaun Watson as I had hoped, he ended up not being able to show up for the workout. However, he will be throwing tomorrow with Jordan Palmer and my buddy will be there watching and taking some videos. I'll share whatever I can.

But I did get to see some of Trubisky's workout - which also included Cooper Kupp as well. I saw the tail end of the workout, maybe for about 15-20 min.

Not much you can glean from a workout in shorts but the only notable thing I took away was Trubisky was definitely not 6'3. I think at most he was about 6'2 - not a huge deal obviously - but the real height and weight measurements come out next week at the combine so I'll be interested to see his size. I will note that he was well built for his size though.

For the most part he looked decent, good mechanics and footwork. Arm strength was decent, nothing spectacular. I only got a couple videos in, as I wasn't sure I was able to videotape too much.

Also, Cooper Kupp looked really nice. Smooth route runner and loved his hands. Again, it's not a padded workout - just running around in shorts - but liked what I saw in limited action.

Anyhow, all in all it was a terrific day off of work and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here are the clips I uploaded to YouTube. I know it's not much but like I mentioned, I wasn't sure how long I could video tape the workout without getting noticed so I was pretty judicious in what I was able to get.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
My man! Thanks for following through buddy :) :toast:

Definitely link that Watson stuff once you get your hands on it -- thank you again!

UOK
Site Admin

DaSuperfan wrote:So my fiance's trainer got me the hookup to check out some NFL draft prospect workouts today. Jordan Palmer was holding a workout at a high school here in Southern California which was supposed to include Deshaun Watson.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Fantastic stuff, DaSuperfan! Mind if I share this social media?
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

UOK wrote:

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
Fantastic stuff, DaSuperfan! Mind if I share this social media?
Not at all go for it!!
Never Die Easy
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Awesome stuff super fan. Trubisky is a jacked dude. How many nfl qbs have traps like that. High set calf and pocket. He is athletic on film but I bet he tests well in the runs. Better then expected. Not that it matters.

He is put together like Locker. He actually reminds me a lot of Locker.
wab
Mod

Locker really could have been something had his career not been derailed by injury.
G08
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:Awesome stuff super fan. Trubisky is a jacked dude. How many nfl qbs have traps like that. High set calf and pocket. He is athletic on film but I bet he tests well in the runs. Better then expected. Not that it matters.

He's a rocked-up kid... saw him hang clean 325 lbs

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Locker really could have been something had his career not been derailed by injury.
I agree. He had so much talent. Big arm, and build, athletic, those intangables..... I got a friend who was a walk on at Wash as a QB. Next year Locker shows up. He said it was immediate, whe. he knew how much better Locker was then anyone he has ever seen. Like a different species .
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Awesome stuff super fan. Trubisky is a jacked dude. How many nfl qbs have traps like that. High set calf and pocket. He is athletic on film but I bet he tests well in the runs. Better then expected. Not that it matters.

Not saying this is the case here but you usually don't see "rocked-up" QB's because of the strain it puts on important joints and ligaments. Also, staying flexible is a big issue when carrying extra muscle. I used to cringe when dads would tell me what they had their sons doing (who were pitchers/QB's) as workouts.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:

Not saying this is the case here but you usually don't see "rocked-up" QB's because of the strain it puts on important joints and ligaments. Also, staying flexible is a big issue when carrying extra muscle. I used to cringe when dads would tell me what they had their sons doing (who were pitchers/QB's) as workouts.
Its definitely a fine line. Strength doesn't necessarily mean loss of flexibility. A lot also is connective tissue strength. However to many people body build, and don't strength train. Hell most people only know how to body build because of magazines. (I read, and listen to a ton on training)

Trubisky doesn't appear to be inflexable and or overly stiff. I would actually expect him to have very fixable hips based on movements. He is a little robotic in his upper body. I never attributed it to muscle, however it could be.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:

Yeah, I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere else on here yet, but apparently the 6'3 thing is definite BS.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... prove.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scouts have told NFL Network's Mike Mayock that Trubisky will measure closer to 6-1 than his listed 6-3
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
UOK
Site Admin

@CharlesRobinson
#NorthCarolina QB Mitch Trubisky came in at 6-2 1/8, 222 pounds.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Mary Kay Cabot‏ @MaryKayCabot

#Browns strongly considering QB Mitch Trubisky at No. 1 overall, sources say

Followed by a retweet from Matt Miller confirming rumor...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;