View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:44 pm 
Head Coach

I really wanted this to be my guy, but I am not sold yet. He is still very raw. However has a full snap on truck full of tools. I watched the Texas, Michigan State, Stanford games. He kind of reminds me of Kapernick (sp?)

Weakness

- mechanics are very inconsistent. Will get a wide base and has a pitcher follow through. Doesn't always turn his hips into throws.
The above leads to miss placed passes.
-makes some bad reads.
- inconsistent overall

Strengths
-athletic
-Does read the entire field
- plus arm strength
- can but didn't always make touch passes
- young but poised

mmqb piece

USA today report

nfl.com

nflmocks.com/2016/10/02/2017-nfl-draft-deshone-kizer-widens-lead-in-qb-race/amp/1/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:16 pm 
Journeyman

I like him, but I'm not sure he'll be available at pick 32...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:56 am 
Hall of Famer

I think Kizer is destined for Cleveland or San Francisco.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:16 pm 
MVP

Dislike him a lot. Inconsistent mechanics and play is not what I want from a first round QB.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:12 am 
Hall of Famer

who was the last QB from Notre Dame who was worth anything in the NFL?

Joe Montana (HoF), Joe Theisman (decent enough after stint in CFL) and Steve Buerlein (average schmoe who didn't suck) are the only ones I can think of ... no one recent has been worth a shit (and the Bears tried out 2 of the turds - Mirer and Clausen) ... so what is it about Notre Dame having QB's who get rated high but suck after college?

Notre Dame players seem to get a lot more recognition and accolades than they deserve, and keep in mind I am a Notre Dame fan

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 pm 
Hall of Famer

Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer decides to declare for NFL draft

Quote:
Notre Dame redshirt sophomore quarterback DeShone Kizer has declared for the NFL draft, the school announced.

"Thank you. NFL bound," Kizer said toward the end of a minute-long video on Bleacher Report.

Kizer started the past 23 games for the Fighting Irish, with a 12-11 record. He threw for 5,809 yards with 47 touchdowns and 19 interceptions, adding 992 rushing yards and 18 more scores on the ground.

The 6-foot-4, 230-pound Kizer assumed the starting role in the third game of the 2015 season, replacing Malik Zaire after Zaire suffered a broken ankle against Virginia in Week 2. Kizer threw a game-winning touchdown pass and never looked back, starting every Irish contest since.

I guess he figures since this is a weak QB class, someone will pony up first round $$$ for him

I do not think he is worth it, but I am fairly certain someone will

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:38 pm 
Mod

I'm as big of a ND fan as there is here, and Kizer is probably the most NFL ready...but he has an awful lot of bad habits and he's a stubborn sonofabitch.

Having watched almost every collegiate throw he's made, I don't know that I'd take him before the 2nd round.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:16 pm 
Player of the Month

Something that makes me think some clubs will be skeptical to take Kizer is the fact that there hasn't been a QB coming off a losng season drafted in the first 2 rounds since 2012, and that was Brock Osweiler. Not comparing players, just something I did some research on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:47 am 
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
Something that makes me think some clubs will be skeptical to take Kizer is the fact that there hasn't been a QB coming off a losng season drafted in the first 2 rounds since 2012, and that was Brock Osweiler. Not comparing players, just something I did some research on.

For me there's a fear in that sub 60% completion rate and only two years of experience, there really has been only one QB who came out after two seasons with a sub 60% completion rate that had any success in the NFL and that was mainly because he was a supremely dynamic runner, that guy would be Michael Vick... I know Kizer has quick feet but I don't see any Vick like highlights when I look around at his stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:58 am 
Mod

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:

For me there's a fear in that sub 60% completion rate and only two years of experience, there really has been only one QB who came out after two seasons with a sub 60% completion rate that had any success in the NFL and that was mainly because he was a supremely dynamic runner, that guy would be Michael Vick... I know Kizer has quick feet but I don't see any Vick like highlights when I look around at his stuff.

The problem with your completion percentage stats is that the draft only has the guys that are entering the draft. Teams are going to have to weigh that completion percentage against how they view the players talent and ability to be developed. It's not going to stop one or more of these guys from being drafted in the first round.

GM's aren't going to say "well he's an underclassmen with a sub 60% completion rate...we ain't draftin that bum". They are going to look at that as one of many factors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 337 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34  Next