QB Prospect Discussion: Brad Kaaya, Miami

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

My fear, and current prediction for the Bears, is that Glennon will be the guy Funkster wants. He will have an 85 rating in honor of Ditkas champs. Howard will have a great season in honor of sweetness. The defense will be healthier and tougher though not amazing. The team will win 8 games in a tough schedule and miss the playoffs behind the Lions and Packers. We will draft in the middle of the round and be with so many other teams trying to find our Prescott or Wilson. We won't find him because there aren't many and Pace isn't that lucky or smart. We will stay with Glennon or find another guy who can manage the game into 8 wins and so forth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
malk
Head Coach

Looked nervous in game changers and his accuracy went to hell at the end. Mahomes just exudes confidence. Webb looked a plodder but serviceable.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Funkster
MVP

crueltyabc wrote:My fear, and current prediction for the Bears, is that Glennon will be the guy Funkster wants.
Just because I can see the thought pattern of Pace signing Glennon doesn't mean I'm advocating him as the Bears QB. Glennon is not the QB I wanted the bears to sign. I would love to see a Carr or Cousins type of QB under center but really don't want to see a Wilson or Watson type of QB.
Last edited by Funkster on Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
Funkster
MVP

malk wrote:Looked nervous in game changers and his accuracy went to hell at the end. Mahomes just exudes confidence. Webb looked a plodder but serviceable.
I agree with you on Mahomes. Like I've said before, he flashes too much Culter and this front office obviously is moving away from that type of QB.

I believe if the bears draft a QB it will be one of these 3 names in no particular order. IMO, the only QB out of those 3 that doesn't fit the Pace MO is Trubisky.

Watson
Trubisky
Kaaya
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I think Watson is much more like Mariota and we know Pace wanted Mariota back in 2015. Everything Pace and Fox have said about what they look for in a QB - Watson has fit the description. If Watson is available at 3, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were the pick.
Never Die Easy
malk
Head Coach

Funkster wrote:
malk wrote:Looked nervous in game changers and his accuracy went to hell at the end. Mahomes just exudes confidence. Webb looked a plodder but serviceable.
I agree with you on Mahomes. Like I've said before, he flashes too much Culter and this front office obviously is moving away from that type of QB.

I believe if the bears draft a QB it will be one of these 3 names in no particular order. IMO, the only QB out of those 3 that doesn't fit the Pace MO is Trubisky.

Watson
Trubisky
Kaaya
I don't see Mitchy Biscuits as a Pace guy, just the one year of starting I'd imagine is a red flag for him. Perhaps that's my bias showing though?

Watson or Kaaya I can absolutely see Pace going for. Watson I could get on board with, even at #3, Kaaya I kept trying to talk myself around to but I just don't like anything I see.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Hematite
Player of the Month

I could see Pace drafting Watson if a trade down develops but not at 3. Personally, I like Mahommes the most but am usually wildly off on QB's so who knows. Trubisky scares me as there just isn't enough tape to evaluate him. Although his name hasn't been brought up lately, I can see the Bears being interested in Nathan Peterman in the 4th if he's still available.
Funkster
MVP

DaSuperfan wrote:I think Watson is much more like Mariota and we know Pace wanted Mariota back in 2015. Everything Pace and Fox have said about what they look for in a QB - Watson has fit the description. If Watson is available at 3, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were the pick.
I agree. However, if I put on my GM hat, I can also see Pace being worried about Watson's longevity. He seems like he wants a QB that will start for 10 years without a hiccup. I just don't see Watson having a long career. If this guy protected himself better, I believe Pace would be all over him at 3.

malk wrote: I don't see Mitchy Biscuits as a Pace guy, just the one year of starting I'd imagine is a red flag for him. Perhaps that's my bias showing though?

Watson or Kaaya I can absolutely see Pace going for. Watson I could get on board with, even at #3, Kaaya I kept trying to talk myself around to but I just don't like anything I see.
No, I think you're on the right page regarding Biscuit. I just don't think he has enough experience. And if you throw any of Foxy's input into the mix, experience goes along way with him. Kaaya makes a lot of paper scenes given the Bears situation and would be a good start for the bears grooming a young QB.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Gil Brandt's top 150

112. Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami

If selected at 112, that would put him in the 4th round... or a day 3 prospect...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... aft-101150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

BamaBear09 wrote:Gil Brandt's top 150

If selected at 112, that would put him in the 4th round... or a day 3 prospect...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... aft-101150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
QB's outside of the top 2-3 rated prospects tend to go a full round or more than they rightfully should
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:

QB's outside of the top 2-3 rated prospects tend to go a full round or more than they rightfully should
Oh I know, just felt like putting this here to try and trigger ole Alex Wilkins, seeing as how bent out of shape he gets over anyone calling Kaaya a 3rd day prospect...
wab
Mod

Oh he is...
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Oh I know, just felt like putting this here to try and trigger ole Alex Wilkins, seeing as how bent out of shape he gets over anyone calling Kaaya a 3rd day prospect...
Gil Brandt is 1,000 years old. I don't give a goddamn what he has to say. Let me guess, he has "Dink and dunk" Peterman ahead of Kaaya? Also, prospect rankings have nothing to do with where they'll get drafted. You have to look at team needs, who TEAMS like. Brad Kaaya is a first-fucking-round talent. Not getting me started, tho. Nice try. ;)
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Gil Brandt is 1,000 years old. I don't give a goddamn what he has to say. Let me guess, he has "Dink and dunk" Peterman ahead of Kaaya? Also, prospect rankings have nothing to do with where they'll get drafted. You have to look at team needs, who TEAMS like. Brad Kaaya is a first-fucking-round talent. Not getting me started, tho. Nice try. ;)
Lawl... you call out Peterman for dink and dunk and act as if Kaaya has much more arm strength lol... they both threw the ball 53 MPH... so Kaaya is just as much dink and dunk as Peterman... lolol so have fun watching Kaaya's name get called on day 3...
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Lawl... you call out Peterman for dink and dunk and act as if Kaaya has much more arm strength lol... they both threw the ball 53 MPH... so Kaaya is just as much dink and dunk as Peterman... lolol so have fun watching Kaaya's name get called on day 3...
Good, it only helps the Bears if they get him at a better value.
G08
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Kaaya better translates his strength to accuracy than Nathan. Also, look up Philip Dorsett's Miami tape and tell me Kaaya can't drop dimes like the best of them.
Adipost
MVP

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Kaaya better translates his strength to accuracy than Nathan. Also, look up Philip Dorsett's Miami tape and tell me Kaaya can't drop dimes like the best of them.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Just make sure you tell everyone around you about Kaaya's dime dropping when you're watching him get picked... in the 5th round...
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
wab wrote:

Day 3 prospect, locked in now...
wab
Mod

Behind....CJ Beathard
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Behind....CJ Beathard
Well, I wouldn't put much credence in that. That was just a dumb pick.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

lol. i think if anyone is having trouble selling themselves on mitch, a good place to start might be "we could have spent the third rounder we lost on our qb of the future, brad kaaya."
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

RustyTrombone wrote:lol. i think if anyone is having trouble selling themselves on mitch, a good place to start might be "we could have spent the third rounder we lost on our qb of the future, brad kaaya."
Lol this is what I saw when reading this post... sums it up pretty well in my book...

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

lebron knows what's up
wab
Mod

If Kaaya goes undrafted...wow.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:If Kaaya goes undrafted...wow.
There two more rounds.... he said sobbing into his pillow....
MoFugger
Head Coach

Lions. 6th round.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
G08
Hall of Famer

CJ going before the middle of round 4 won me fitty bucks!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Adipost
MVP

Beathard is the next Tom Brady

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation ... j-beathard" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;