QB Prospect Discussion: Brad Kaaya, Miami

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:Thank you. I know I'm hopelessly incompetent, but where did you get the date, and how did you know to find the date there? And I want him to broad jump.
I just googled U of Miami Pro Day and some website with all the pro days popped up
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Middleguard
MVP

G08 wrote:
Middleguard wrote:Thank you. I know I'm hopelessly incompetent, but where did you get the date, and how did you know to find the date there? And I want him to broad jump.
I just googled U of Miami Pro Day and some website with all the pro days popped up
WTF That's exactly what I did. But thanks. I'm trying to keep up.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:I don't know what combine y'all were watching. There was one drill where he didn't complete a pass, but even the analysts pointed out that the drill was more about form and footwork than anything. It's like you guys don't WANT to like Kaaya. He was far and away the best of the first group.
Where who didn't complete a pass? And I don't care how well Kaaya's form looks when he is throwing in a drill without rushers coming at him because this is what's going to happen the majority of time he sniffs any pressure

[video][/video]

Chuck and duck out of the way, don't care where it lands, just get it out of my hand...
You're tryna tell me he didn't throw that out the back of the endzone on purpose? Please.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:I don't know what combine y'all were watching. There was one drill where he didn't complete a pass, but even the analysts pointed out that the drill was more about form and footwork than anything. It's like you guys don't WANT to like Kaaya. He was far and away the best of the first group.
Where who didn't complete a pass? And I don't care how well Kaaya's form looks when he is throwing in a drill without rushers coming at him because this is what's going to happen the majority of time he sniffs any pressure

[video][/video]

Chuck and duck out of the way, don't care where it lands, just get it out of my hand...
You're tryna tell me he didn't throw that out the back of the endzone on purpose? Please.
You mean when he had a receiver running open into the end zone? Please.... he threw it as hard as he could and ducked away from the slight bit of pressure...
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

[video][/video]

You mean when he had a receiver running open into the end zone? Please.... he threw it as hard as he could and ducked away from the slight bit of pressure...
wab
Mod

He didn't flinch/fall/run/panic because he didn't see him.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2017/GaxZOt.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Look I could play the gif game and show him doing the chuck and duck but there's no need because we all know he has an issue with pressure, anyone who has watched him play see it and the fact remains, he has formed a habit that is going to be tough to break...
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:He didn't flinch/fall/run/panic because he didn't see him.
His head was scanning the left side of the field as Ramsey was coming.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

http://i.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2017/GaxZOt.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Look I could play the gif game and show him doing the chuck and duck but there's no need because we all know he has an issue with pressure, anyone who has watched him play see it and the fact remains, he has formed a habit that is going to be tough to break...
G08
Hall of Famer

He's definitely taken his share of hits and it has taken a toll on him.

I think of all the project QBs, Kaaya might be perfect for what Pace seems to be looking for from the position.

I like a guy with a little more wiggle/juice, but what the hell do I know.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2017/Bapyve.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
::YAWN::

bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote: You're tryna tell me he didn't throw that out the back of the endzone on purpose? Please.
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-15-2017/Bapyve.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
::YAWN::

Oof that's bad
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:He's definitely taken his share of hits and it has taken a toll on him.

I think of all the project QBs, Kaaya might be perfect for what Pace seems to be looking for from the position.

Or he may have seen something in Peterman at the Senior Bowl.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:He's definitely taken his share of hits and it has taken a toll on him.

Or he may have seen something in Peterman at the Senior Bowl.
They may have, but there are rumblings that he might go round 2 and I think with our deficiencies on offense/defense, plus how deep this draft class is, round 2 is too rich for a QB.

Adipost
MVP

[video][/video]
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:

[video][/video]

He looked directly at him, but I digress. I know what homers Adipost and I seem like for Kaaya, but I actually didn't like him at all his freshman year. Something clicked for me his sophomore year, though, and that FSU game totally sold me on him.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'll keep saying it: if Mike Glennon is what Ryan Pace is looking for in a QB, then Kaaya should be a solid get in round 3 or 4.

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Okay. All the "experts" agree, NOT ONE of this years QB class is ready to play day one, but as many as three could go Top-10, but you people still think Kaaya will fall to Day 3? Explain yourselves. He has as much experience as Kizer and Bisky combined. And better tape. He can't run? Well, he actually can, but a QB who runs more often, isn't confident in tight window throws, which Kaaya is. I am not trolling, and I'll gladly eat crow if he busts, but I really don't see the faults in his game that garner a 4th round grade.
Adipost
MVP

Kaaya to Njoku

[video][/video]
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

alexwilkins wrote:Okay. All the "experts" agree, NOT ONE of this years QB class is ready to play day one, but as many as three could go Top-10, but you people still think Kaaya will fall to Day 3? Explain yourselves. He has as much experience as Kizer and Bisky combined. And better tape. He can't run? Well, he actually can, but a QB who runs more often, isn't confident in tight window throws, which Kaaya is. I am not trolling, and I'll gladly eat crow if he busts, but I really don't see the faults in his game that garner a 4th round grade.
Cause... it seems to be a fun thing to get you all worked up... Hell at this point I'm ready to say Kaaya will go undrafted if it bothers you so much...
G08
Hall of Famer

Njoku looks like a freakin Greek God

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

I just found this all 22 gif of Kaaya facing a pass rush

Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:I just found this all 22 gif of Kaaya facing a pass rush

LOL. I gotta admit that's pretty funny.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Njoku looks like a freakin Greek God
I am very high on Njoku. He'll end up being a better player than OJ Howard.
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrombone wrote:i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
- Derek Carr was a polarizing draft prospect three years ago, in part because of the spread system he played in at Fresno State and also because of an alarming dip in production when pressured. He was incredibly accurate when in a clean pocket during his college career, completing 72 percent of those passes. But when under duress, his completion percentage dropped to 29 percent. If Carr reacted that poorly to pressure in college, some wondered how he could possibly succeed in the NFL. -- ESPN

Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
- Derek Carr was a polarizing draft prospect three years ago, in part because of the spread system he played in at Fresno State and also because of an alarming dip in production when pressured. He was incredibly accurate when in a clean pocket during his college career, completing 72 percent of those passes. But when under duress, his completion percentage dropped to 29 percent. If Carr reacted that poorly to pressure in college, some wondered how he could possibly succeed in the NFL. -- ESPN

[img]http://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7TKTDn9 ... /giphy.gif
This is dumb and you know it... just because player A and player B have similar draft profiles doesn't mean player B is going to succeed the way player A did... not one person in here is saying a Kaaya can't overcome the habits he created this year, but it's a tough habit to overcome... and that said rumor is all warrooms see him as a 3rd round prospect at best
G08
Hall of Famer

Derek Carr could lose a leg and his throwing arm and still be more athletic and have a stronger arm than Brad Kaaya.

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:Derek Carr could lose a leg and his throwing arm and still be more athletic and have a stronger arm than Brad Kaaya.
Brad didn't run any 40's because he played through, and is still recovering from, turf toe. And I'll give up a little bit of strength for Kaaya's accuracy, any day.