QB Prospect Discussion: Brad Kaaya, Miami

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Njoku looks like a freakin Greek God
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

I just found this all 22 gif of Kaaya facing a pass rush

Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:I just found this all 22 gif of Kaaya facing a pass rush

LOL. I gotta admit that's pretty funny.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Njoku looks like a freakin Greek God
I am very high on Njoku. He'll end up being a better player than OJ Howard.
Adipost
MVP

RustyTrombone wrote:i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
- Derek Carr was a polarizing draft prospect three years ago, in part because of the spread system he played in at Fresno State and also because of an alarming dip in production when pressured. He was incredibly accurate when in a clean pocket during his college career, completing 72 percent of those passes. But when under duress, his completion percentage dropped to 29 percent. If Carr reacted that poorly to pressure in college, some wondered how he could possibly succeed in the NFL. -- ESPN

Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrombone wrote:i dunno, i just ran across this picture of brad kaaya facing a pass rush and i just dont know how he's going to do at the next level:
- Derek Carr was a polarizing draft prospect three years ago, in part because of the spread system he played in at Fresno State and also because of an alarming dip in production when pressured. He was incredibly accurate when in a clean pocket during his college career, completing 72 percent of those passes. But when under duress, his completion percentage dropped to 29 percent. If Carr reacted that poorly to pressure in college, some wondered how he could possibly succeed in the NFL. -- ESPN

[img]http://media4.giphy.com/media/3o7TKTDn9 ... /giphy.gif
This is dumb and you know it... just because player A and player B have similar draft profiles doesn't mean player B is going to succeed the way player A did... not one person in here is saying a Kaaya can't overcome the habits he created this year, but it's a tough habit to overcome... and that said rumor is all warrooms see him as a 3rd round prospect at best
G08
Hall of Famer

Derek Carr could lose a leg and his throwing arm and still be more athletic and have a stronger arm than Brad Kaaya.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:Derek Carr could lose a leg and his throwing arm and still be more athletic and have a stronger arm than Brad Kaaya.
Brad didn't run any 40's because he played through, and is still recovering from, turf toe. And I'll give up a little bit of strength for Kaaya's accuracy, any day.
Adipost
MVP

alexwilkins wrote:
G08 wrote:Derek Carr could lose a leg and his throwing arm and still be more athletic and have a stronger arm than Brad Kaaya.
Brad didn't run any 40's because he played through, and is still recovering from, turf toe. And I'll give up a little bit of strength for Kaaya's accuracy, any day.

wab
Mod

For every gif of him escaping pressure, there are 5 of him crumbling under it.
G08
Hall of Famer

I like the second ball; first one was a duck

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:I like the second ball; first one was a duck
Both balls were placed where only the receiver could catch the ball and that's alright with me! He's not going to wow anybody with his tangibles but I believe he will protect the ball and can grow into a game manager. He is a realistic option and fits the Pace mold.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
G08
Hall of Famer

These throws are very, very few and far between, however.

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:These throws are very, very few and far between, however.
I disagree. I've been watching some film on him he flashes potential. He's not a spinner but can deliver on time and throws a very catchable ball. I might nick name him Brad "YAC city" Kaaya! I bet he would get along well with Meredith. He also sell PA and screens well. He's not a QB to get excited about but with the right system (aka Loggains) he could be a decent starter. May be his ceiling is Alex Smithish?
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
G08
Hall of Famer

Funkster wrote:
I disagree. I've been watching some film on him he flashes potential. He's not a spinner but can deliver on time and throws a very catchable ball. I might nick name him Brad "YAC city" Kaaya! I bet he would get along well with Meredith. He also sell PA and screens well. He's not a QB to get excited about but with the right system (aka Loggains) he could be a decent starter. May be his ceiling is Alex Smithish?
You're saying that him breaking the pocket and throwing on the run is a common occurrence?

This guy crumbles in the face of pressure more often than not.

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:
Funkster wrote:
You're saying that him breaking the pocket and throwing on the run is a common occurrence?

This guy crumbles in the face of pressure more often than not.
G08, my mistake, I thought we were just talking overall explosive plays. You're right, more often than not he does crumble when pressure.
G08
Hall of Famer

He'll make explosive plays for sure, he's just the epitome of a pocket passer that doesn't have the athleticism to make something out of nothing. If he's the pick (which my gut tells me he will be in round 4), then we had better have an outstanding pass protection in front of him or it's going to be a lonnnnnnnnng boring football game.

The days of Jay Cutler abra-cadabraing something out of nothing (think Lions game 4-or-so years ago) are over.

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:He'll make explosive plays for sure, he's just the epitome of a pocket passer that doesn't have the athleticism to make something out of nothing. If he's the pick (which my gut tells me he will be in round 4), then we had better have an outstanding pass protection in front of him or it's going to be a lonnnnnnnnng boring football game.

The days of Jay Cutler abra-cadabraing something out of nothing (think Lions game 4-or-so years ago) are over.
And that's why I believe he will be the pick. It will give them time to see what Glennon has and put a rookie in the room. Kaaya would probably benefit the most sitting. It makes a ton of paper scenes. The bears have a solid O-line and the system gets rid of the football fast, screen plays and PA, all of which Kaaya does well. The one thing I really like when watching his film is his ball placement.
G08
Hall of Famer

When he has time to set his feet and throw in rhythm he is very accurate.

I don't like his style of play but I could deal with it I suppose.

Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:For every gif of him escaping pressure, there are 5 of him crumbling under it.

G08
Hall of Famer

Yay gif scouting!

Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Yay gif scouting!
It's a GIFstravaganza. Btw, your sig GIF is hilarious.
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:When he has time to set his feet and throw in rhythm he is very accurate.

I don't like his style of play but I could deal with it I suppose.
I'll take a QB that can stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball on time than a QB trying to adlib back yard football anyday of the week. Sometimes living to see another down is just as if not more important than trying to extend a broken play. But I do agree, it would be nice to have a QB that doesn't rely on scrambling but has the physical capabilities to escape danger.
G08
Hall of Famer

When even Tom freaking Brady is working on his mobility and getting outside the pocket, you know it's a vital part of today's NFL.

Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:When even Tom freaking Brady is working on his mobility and getting outside the pocket, you know it's a vital part of today's NFL.
I'm not disagreeing. However you can work within a pocket without getting outside of it and still be mobile. You don't have to be Newton or Kaepenick to be label mobile. I believe Brady is THE perfect example of a QB that can stand tall in the pocket and deliver the ball on time and accurately. How's the pats offense working out?
wab
Mod

Tom Brady>*infinity*>Brad Kaaya.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I just find it sad that anybody thinks it's ok for the Bears to add nothing but a guy where his upside is "game manager." It's like marrying an ugly girl because you are scared a pretty one will cheat on you. Pathetic. Don't you want the Bears to go down swinging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
G08
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:I just find it sad that anybody thinks it's ok for the Bears to add nothing but a guy where his upside is "game manager." It's like marrying an ugly girl because you are scared a pretty one will cheat on you. Pathetic. Don't you want the Bears to go down swinging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stages of Grief:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

I'm at Acceptance. I think you're currently at Anger. I'll catch ya on the bottom my friend.