College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Ed Werder
‏@Edwerderespn
Based on what I heard from people inside #Patriots at SB and those familiar with their approach, I'm not expecting @JimmyG_10 to be traded
That's now Ed Werder and Peter King that have said this.
He also said that Romo is likely to be released and seek a starting job. It looks like Romo is more likely to be a Bear than Garoppolo. (Like I've been saying all along)
It's going to be a crowded depth chart, what with Romo, Kizer, and Kaaya all likely to be Bears. (Like you've been saying)
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Ed Werder
‏@Edwerderespn
Based on what I heard from people inside #Patriots at SB and those familiar with their approach, I'm not expecting @JimmyG_10 to be traded
He also said that Romo is likely to be released and seek a starting job. It looks like Romo is more likely to be a Bear than Garoppolo. (Like I've been saying all along)
It's going to be a crowded depth chart, what with Romo, Kizer, and Kaaya all likely to be Bears. (Like you've been saying)
You're missing the point wab... it's because he'll be right and he's been saying it all along!

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Ed Werder
‏@Edwerderespn
Yes, I said Romo/Kaaya is the most likely scenario. And I base that off of common sense.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Ed Werder
‏@Edwerderespn
Yes, I said Romo/Kaaya is the most likely scenario. And I base that off of common sense.
Temporary ban bet?

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Ed Werder
‏@Edwerderespn
Temporary ban bet?
Although most likely, I am not entirely certain.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Temporary ban bet?
Although most likely, I am not entirely certain.
Ok, we can make it a 1-week ban. Yes?

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Yes, I said Romo/Kaaya is the most likely scenario. And I base that off of common sense.

while you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree with your scenario being based on common sense
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Boris13c wrote:
Adipost wrote:Yes, I said Romo/Kaaya is the most likely scenario. And I base that off of common sense.

while you are entitled to your opinion, I disagree with your scenario being based on common sense
Cause you see, we as a group all lack it because we don't see and praise the almighty Kizer, as he will rise again after dying for the sins of the Bears and become the new Chicago Messiah, leading the Bears to a super bowl every year in his illustrious career, so says the prophet Adi...
britbear
Player of the Month

ESPN just reporting that the Patriots are not expected to trade Garoppolo.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1879 ... d-patriots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a relief (for me at least) and it simplifies the equation somewhat. Didn't want the Bears to give up a 1st and some other pick for this guy. Really cannot see them grabbing Romo, other than as a babysitter for a young QB draft pick. Cannot see why Romo at 37 would want to join the 3-13 Bears either.

So it's looking more and more like a QB with the #3 pick, whether you call it a reach or not.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

britbear wrote:ESPN just reporting that the Patriots are not expected to trade Garoppolo.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1879 ... d-patriots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a relief (for me at least) and it simplifies the equation somewhat. Didn't want the Bears to give up a 1st and some other pick for this guy. Really cannot see them grabbing Romo, other than as a babysitter for a young QB draft pick. Cannot see why Romo at 37 would want to join the 3-13 Bears either.

So it's looking more and more like a QB with the #3 pick, whether you call it a reach or not.
Miller and Thayer were convinced it is just a ploy by the Pats to drive the price up.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Like I said before, I don't believe it for one second. You're telling me that a guy as secretive as BB would allow a leak to the press about what they were truly intending to do with Jimmy G? It was leaked because he wanted it to be leaked so that he could drive up the price. JMHO.
Never Die Easy
britbear
Player of the Month

DaSuperfan wrote:Like I said before, I don't believe it for one second. You're telling me that a guy as secretive as BB would allow a leak to the press about what they were truly intending to do with Jimmy G? It was leaked because he wanted it to be leaked so that he could drive up the price. JMHO.
All the more reason not to cave in to BB's demands then. I really hope Pace doesn't, but I have to admit he's got me chewing my nails. Just got this feeling he is going to blow it.
Bleeding Navy and Orange!!! GO BEARS!!