Some Interesting Trade Scenarios

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/02/5-nfl- ... -pull-off/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 #3 to jets for #6 and Sheldon Richardson (Makes me think)
2 #3 to Titans for #5 and 3rd rounder (meh, could get better)
3 #3 to Bills for #10, 2nd rounder and Tyrod Taylor (only if they or we got a new contract from him)
4 #3 to Saints for # 11, 3rd rounder and Brandon crooks (again, meh, could get better)
5 #3 to Browns for #12, 2nd rounder and Joe Haden (worth considering and at least working out Haden)
6 # 3 to Texans for #25, 2nd rounder and JJ Watt (I'd have 3 teams of Dr.s going over his medical records!)

2 and 4, I would politely listen and politely decline if any of the others were real possibilities.

The rest would need some due diligence to turn away. If the only one was the Jets offer, I may take it just to get the extra defensive player for a modest drop.

5 and 6 really depend on the physical health of Haden and Watt. But either would be very difficult to turn down.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I'd take that Jets trade in a heartbeat.
malk
Head Coach

Trades including players are so rare.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Adipost
MVP

The one possible trade scenario that intrigues me is trading the #3 to Cleveland for #12, #33, and #50.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:I'd take that Jets trade in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't pull the trigger on any trade until I know where the QB's get valued. Dropping to 5 could see 3 QB's and Garrett come off the board in front of us.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:I'd take that Jets trade in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't pull the trigger on any trade until I know where the QB's get valued. Dropping to 5 could see 3 QB's and Garrett come off the board in front of us.
Agreed.

If I'm trading down, it's because I'm hoping to land a QB and some extra.
If you go 10 or lower, that's liable not to happen.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
malk
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:The one possible trade scenario that intrigues me is trading the #3 to Cleveland for #12, #33, and #50.
It gives them Garrett and at least the 2nd best QB on their board, likely the 1st. I'd love that trade for us too.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
Adipost
MVP

malk wrote:
Adipost wrote:The one possible trade scenario that intrigues me is trading the #3 to Cleveland for #12, #33, and #50.
It gives them Garrett and at least the 2nd best QB on their board, likely the 1st. I'd love that trade for us too.
Mitch Trubisky looks a lot like college Andy Dalton. Hue Jackson developed Andy Dalton. I could see him falling in love with Trubisky and trading back into the top 3.