Rumor/Nugget: Bears Interested In...

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Apparently Bears and Browns scouts went to dinner a bunch at the Senior Bowl... apparently we think highly of Kizer as well as Soloman Thomas and Jamal Adams.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

Ugh, Kizer.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

If we're hiring Keyser Sose I'm all in for it.
G08
Hall of Famer

It's early and I'm sure things will change, but yeah that doesn't make me happy.

I get it though, he's a scouts dream when you look at his size, arm, and decent athleticism. No way in hell I'd take him at 3, though.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

typical emery smokescreen
wab
Mod

I don't want this.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

No, no, no, no, no.

"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
malk
Head Coach

If it was for the #3 they were looking at Thomas.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

Thomas is a more explosive Bullard. I like the kid a lot, but he's such a bad fit for this defense.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Thomas doesn't fit. However if he comes in at 290 . And long they may be very interested.
malk
Head Coach

wab wrote:Thomas is a more explosive Bullard. I like the kid a lot, but he's such a bad fit for this defense.
You can't see him as a Smith/McDonald? I'll be interested to see his wingspan though, that's likely to be my worry.
Last edited by malk on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
G08
Hall of Famer

If Thomas comes in around 285, 290 lbs and 33-34+" arms, I could see the Bears pulling the trigger.

Or they could just let Bullard develop I suppose...

Adipost
MVP

Hmm, I wonder why the Bears would be interested in Kizer. Might it be because he is obviously the best QB in this draft like I've been saying??? You Kizer haters need to step back into reality and brace yourselves for what's incoming.
wab
Mod

Adipost wrote:Hmm, I wonder why the Bears would be interested in Kizer. Might it be because he is obviously the best QB in this draft like I've been saying??? You Kizer haters need to step back into reality and brace yourselves for what's incoming.
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:Hmm, I wonder why the Bears would be interested in Kizer. Might it be because he is obviously the best QB in this draft like I've been saying??? You Kizer haters need to step back into reality and brace yourselves for what's incoming.
Saying it over and over doesn't make it true.
Just trying to prepare you so that you don't get blindsided on draft day.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Obviously... because he's obviously being talked about as the first overall pick...wait he isn't... because only fanboys are saying anyone is obviously the most talented anything... but some tidbit added to a forum saying a Bears scout likes Kizer, obviously, backs up everything you've claimed...
G08
Hall of Famer

I've maintained that I think he's a fine pick in the second round (although if that's the route we go I'd much rather draft Mahomes).

RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Kelly to Kizer: What are you doing?
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

RING4CHI wrote:
Kelly to Kizer: What are you doing?
But, as you can obviously see in the clip, Kelly was sabotaging Kizer by calling plays.
G08
Hall of Famer

Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how Watson is going to be moving up boards once he gets into interviews with teams. Said his leadership will shine and getting him on the chalkboard will help prove just how football-smart he is.

Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how Watson is going to be moving up boards once he gets into interviews with teams. Said his leadership will shine and getting him on the chalkboard will help prove just how football-smart he is.
If Watson will move up boards based on interviews, how far will Kaaya move up based on the same interviews?
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:Daniel Jeremiah was talking about how Watson is going to be moving up boards once he gets into interviews with teams. Said his leadership will shine and getting him on the chalkboard will help prove just how football-smart he is.
If Watson will move up boards based on interviews, how far will Kaaya move up based on the same interviews?
I would say tweet Jeremiah and ask. I've heard Kaaya can be on the quieter/reserved side but I haven't bothered to dig that deeply on him.

crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I assume Jeremiah meant relative to the other players who are also interviewing. I don't think you need him to clarify...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
Adipost
MVP

crueltyabc wrote:I assume Jeremiah meant relative to the other players who are also interviewing. I don't think you need him to clarify...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just because nobody is talking to Kaaya, doesn't mean he's not an exceptional student of the game. Everything I've read about him tells me that he's extremely smart and sees/reads the field and situations better than most. So if Watson will move up, I'd assume that Kaaya would also move up.
G08
Hall of Famer

AFC General Manager wrote:—Where does the second quarterback come off the board? I asked a general manager from the AFC that this week: "I have to think Chicago goes quarterback at [pick] three. Looking at that roster and knowing Ryan Pace, quarterback fits there."