The Messiah Mock Off-Season

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Adipost
MVP

So I came up with another mock off-season the other day

One night right before this years NFL draft, Ryan Pace will have a vision. This vision will lead him to a book buried beneath the ground. In this book he will find this very blueprint:

Cuts

Bobbie Massie
Jay Cutler
Lamar Houston
Tracy Porter

Re-Sign

Brian Hoyer
Matt Barkley
Alshon Jeffery

Free Agency

Melvin Ingram OLB -- Best edge rusher available. Has developed into a top 5 pass rusher in the past couple of years. He will prove very valuable when McPhee's leg literally falls off in week 5.

Stephen Gilmore CB -- Had a down year, but so did everyone else in a Buffalo jersey.

Jonathan Cyprien SS -- One of the best safeties versus the run in the NFL.

Ricky Wagner OT -- Upgrade from Massie. That's not saying much, I know. But it will enable Fox to focus on getting Leno some help.

NFL Draft

Cleveland Browns trade 1(12), 2(33), and 2(52) to Bears for 1(3). Cleveland uses 1(3) to select Mitch Trubisky QB. Trubisky shares many similarities to Andy Dalton coming out of college. Hue Jackson developed Andy Dalton. He falls in love with Trubisky.

Bears trade 2(33), 3(67), and 4(106) to Tennessee for 1(18).

1(12) - Deshone Kizer QB -- The chosen one. He was put on this earth to become the savior of the Chicago Bears. Everything he's done up to this point in his life has been in preparation for this very moment. It's no coincidence that he's from Notre Dame.

I know that most of you hate Deshone Kizer, but I've come to realize that it is a necessary part of his plight. He will be questioned. People will not believe in him. Anything positive he does will be minimized. He will even be forsaken by his own people (ND fans). But in the end, it will make it all so much sweeter when he rises above it all.

1(18) - David Njoku TE -- The most valuable asset a young QB could have is a good TE. Njoku has elite talent. Best pass catching TE prospect in a long time. He is not even close to a finished product. He's playing on pure athleticism right now, and could develop into one of the greats. Needs to work on his route running.

[video][/video]

2(36) - Buddha Baker FS -- Yes, there is a drop off from the top 2 safeties, but Baker is supremely talented. He is great in coverage and he delivers big hits in the running game much like Eric Berry. There are concerns about his size and if he could hold up in the NFL. His first name is no coincidence. He will be the QB of the defense and he will join Kizer to form the ultimate tag team of higher power.

[video][/video]

2(52) - Gareon Conley CB -- If you're talking straight man to man coverage, Conley is at the top of the list. He has the talent and ability to be a #1 shutdown cover corner. Many people don't realize that he was the #1 CB in Ohio State going man to man against the opponents top WR. Lattimore was the #2. He is NFL ready. There are a lot of concerns about his tackling as he is easily blocked away on running plays and when he actually gets to the ball carrier, he is not a sure tackler. Also concerns about all the talent around him.

4(100) - Tanoh Kpassagnon DE -- A giant of a man. His arms are so long, he can reach the QB from the LOS.

Roster

QB

- Kizer
- Hoyer
- Barkley

RB

- Howard
- Langford
- Carey

WR

- Jeffery
- Meredith
- White

TE

- Miller
- Njoku

Oline

- Leno
- Sittin
- Whitehair
- Long
- Wagner

Dline

- Hicks
- Goldman
- Bullard
- Tanoh
ILB

- Freeman
- Trevathan
- Kwiatkowski
OLB

- McPhee
- Young
- Ingram
- Floyd

CB

- Gilmore
- Conley
- Fuller
- Hall

NB

- Leblanc
- Boykin

Safety

- Cyprien
- Baker
- Amos
G08
Hall of Famer

Well, I don't hate it. I don't think Cleveland burns #12 and both seconds to move up to 3, though.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Adipost
MVP

I'd like to apologize to RustyTrombone for cutting his boy Bobbie Massie agayn.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:Well, I don't hate it. I don't think Cleveland burns #12 and both seconds to move up to 3, though.
So if you don't hate it, you must love it. Right? :-)
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Not liking your free agency. Honestly not a huge fan of either Ingram or Gilmore for the money they will get. I don't want to be the giants and give a huge contract to a decent but not dominant pass rusher, and Gilmore has had a less than dominant career as well and didn't grade out above average on this season which has been his best statistically.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Adipost
MVP

Atkins&Rebel wrote:Not liking your free agency. Honestly not a huge fan of either Ingram or Gilmore for the money they will get. I don't want to be the giants and give a huge contract to a decent but not dominant pass rusher, and Gilmore has had a less than dominant career as well and didn't grade out above average on this season which has been his best statistically.
Ingram has really separated himself from the pack in the last couple of years.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
Atkins&Rebel wrote:Not liking your free agency. Honestly not a huge fan of either Ingram or Gilmore for the money they will get. I don't want to be the giants and give a huge contract to a decent but not dominant pass rusher, and Gilmore has had a less than dominant career as well and didn't grade out above average on this season which has been his best statistically.
18.5 sacks in two years is "separating" himself from the pack? JJ Watt separated himself from the pack, Melvin Ingram finally started earning his money after his first three seasons of 6 total sacks... is a quality OLB, sure but he's not a dominate pass rusher much less a top 5 pass rusher....

Stephon Gilmore is the epitome of the wrong type of FA to sign... he will command a large sum but has put up no where near that type of play... if he was worth keeping around Buffalo wouldn't let him walk at 27 years old.
wab
Mod

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
18.5 sacks in two years is "separating" himself from the pack? JJ Watt separated himself from the pack, Melvin Ingram finally started earning his money after his first three seasons of 6 total sacks... is a quality OLB, sure but he's not a dominate pass rusher much less a top 5 pass rusher....

Stephon Gilmore is the epitome of the wrong type of FA to sign... he will command a large sum but has put up no where near that type of play... if he was worth keeping around Buffalo wouldn't let him walk at 27 years old.
I agree with you completely on Gilmore. Although I do think that Ingram was a bit of a slow starter.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:

The thing about Ingram is that he got to the QB a lot, but there were many times that he just couldn't finish.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
Adipost wrote:

I agree with you completely on Gilmore. Although I do think that Ingram was a bit of a slow starter.
I think Ingram is a quality OLB but this year is so deep with good edge rushers, wouldn't it be better to look there for a guy and use a rookie contract on him rather than having to overpay for a guy who has only had double digit sacks once in 5 years.
wab
Mod

i'd much rather prefer to take a guy in the 4th round that can develop into someone opposite Floyd.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:i'd much rather prefer to take a guy in the 4th round that can develop into someone opposite Floyd.
Carroll Phillips, you mean
wab
Mod

I'm kind of partial to Terrell Basham.