Mayock's Top 5 at each position

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Takeaways - Cam Robinson not listed in his tackle prospects, has him in interior OL... Soloman Thomas ranked as the 4th best edge rusher... Cooper Kupp and Zay Jones both in his top 5 WRs...

I wonder if Adi will say his top 5 is ill-informed....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... n-rankings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

MAYOCK DOESN'T EVEN WATCH FILM ON KIZER!
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:MAYOCK DOESN'T EVEN WATCH FILM ON KIZER!
Why watch film when you already know the coach is sabotaging his career!
Adipost
MVP

I love Mayock but I don't know what the hell he is doing ranking Dalvin Cook over Fournette. Mayock is getting a bit lazy.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:I love Mayock but I don't know what the hell he is doing ranking Dalvin Cook over Fournette. Mayock is getting a bit lazy.
Just wait, you'll hear another name over Fournette possibly as well...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:I love Mayock but I don't know what the hell he is doing ranking Dalvin Cook over Fournette. Mayock is getting a bit lazy.
So preferring one player over the other means you're being lazy, noted lol... Cook and Fournette have supremely different skill sets and I can see how someone could prefer one over the other and vice versa. You're not drafting Cook to line up in an I and try to power run over a team, like you would with Fournette. But Cook can be a Marshall Faulk/Matt Forte type back that will give you a ton of yards from scrimmage, someone you send on wheel routes and watch him destroy LBs and Safety on deep throws... if you're running an offense that Cook would make go, would you still take Fournette, just cause? What am I saying, you probably would because you think taking the most OBVIOUSLY talented player (in your mind) from each position, system be damned...
wab
Mod

Mayock was lazy in his assessment of Kizer too. Until he wasn't. Now he's lazy in his assessment of Fournette.
Adipost
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote:
So preferring one player over the other means you're being lazy, noted lol... Cook and Fournette have supremely different skill sets and I can see how someone could prefer one over the other and vice versa. You're not drafting Cook to line up in an I and try to power run over a team, like you would with Fournette. But Cook can be a Marshall Faulk/Matt Forte type back that will give you a ton of yards from scrimmage, someone you send on wheel routes and watch him destroy LBs and Safety on deep throws... if you're running an offense that Cook would make go, would you still take Fournette, just cause? What am I saying, you probably would because you think taking the most OBVIOUSLY talented player (in your mind) from each position, system be damned...
So Mayock is ranking the RB's based on his preferred offense??? Fournette is the most dominant RB I've seen.
Adipost
MVP

wab wrote:Mayock was lazy in his assessment of Kizer too. Until he wasn't. Now he's lazy in his assessment of Fournette.
He was misinformed on Kizer.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Adipost wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
So Mayock is ranking the RB's based on his preferred offense??? Fournette is the most dominant RB I've seen.
Again, it's a PREFERENCE... just like Kizer being the top QB, it's a PREFERENCE that you agree with... I don't agree with it but I'm not calling the guy's ability to judge prospects into account because he prefers a different QB than I do. Just because it doesn't align with your well versed and "obviously" superior talent evaluating ability, doesn't make it wrong, because it's a PREFERENCE... just like saying someone is wrong because they prefer to rank Joe Montana over Howie Long as the sketcher's spokesperson... or saying Walter Payton is someone's favorite player rather than all the other running backs that have ever played.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

He lost me at Quarterback
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox