Jamal Adams - #3 overall?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:He's so fluid on the field so I feel like his 4.4ish dash is more in line with his play speed than his 4.56 at the combine.

He still misses more tackles than I like, but still...

1. Jamal Adams
2. Evan Engram
3. Chris Wormley
4a. Ahkello Witherspoon
4b. Brad Kaaya

I can dig it
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:He's so fluid on the field so I feel like his 4.4ish dash is more in line with his play speed than his 4.56 at the combine.

He still misses more tackles than I like, but still...

1. Jamal Adams
2. Evan Engram
3. Chris Wormley
4a. Ahkello Witherspoon
4b. Brad Kaaya

I can dig it
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Ditka4Prez08
Rookie

Man, I just think #3 is too rich for a guy who is 15 yards away from the LOS. Safety can be addressed in the 2nd round with Baker or Williams, there is enough depth at that position in the draft.

I hope they end up with Thomas. Dynamic guy that can play OLB or 5T with a bit of bulk. There is a big drop off in lineman after Allen/Thomas IMO.

I guess I wouldn't be too upset if they did draft Adams at #3 though.
Funkster
MVP

G08 wrote:I'm good with:

FS - Demps
SS - Adams

Amos can come in if we play big nickel and Adams can cover the slot

Bush is a work in progress, and DHC looks to be a 4 phase ST guy. I guess this would keep Hall at corner.
If we're talking safety at #3 I'm taking Hooker. I'm liking demps at SS and Hooker as our ball hawking FS. With the Bears d-line and LB corps, I'm not worried about our safety stopping the run and from what I've seen, that would be Adams strength. However, the bears desperately lack legit coverage. I'm taking Hooker 9 times out of 10 over Adams in coverage.

Cooper, Amukamara, Demps and Hooker would significantly upgrade the Bears secondary. Put LaBlanc or Callahan in at nickel and I feel we're in business. I'm really looking forward to this defense creating turnovers this season.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
wab
Mod

Funkster wrote:
G08 wrote:I'm good with:

FS - Demps
SS - Adams

Amos can come in if we play big nickel and Adams can cover the slot

Bush is a work in progress, and DHC looks to be a 4 phase ST guy. I guess this would keep Hall at corner.
If we're talking safety at #3 I'm taking Hooker. I'm liking demps at SS and Hooker as our ball hawking FS. With the Bears d-line and LB corps, I'm not worried about our safety stopping the run and from what I've seen, that would be Adams strength. However, the bears desperately lack legit coverage. I'm taking Hooker 9 times out of 10 over Adams in coverage.

Cooper, Amukamara, Demps and Hooker would significantly upgrade the Bears secondary. Put LaBlanc or Callahan in at nickel and I feel we're in business. I'm really looking forward to this defense creating turnovers this season.
Hicks is the Bears entire D-line at this point, especially if they take a safety at #3. Goldman can't stay on the field and the rest of Unrein, Bullard, and Wilson are fringe players. Pace has almost free agency-d himself into taking Allen or Thomas.

There is a TON of talent at LB, but there are just as many question marks as talented players. Floyed needs to get bigger and stronger, or his injury issues are going to persist. Houston has missed more games than he's played, McPhee will be good for about 6 games this season, Jones is a never ending project, and Young...while being the steadiest out of all of them...gets the majority of his production from playing DE because he's not a good 3-4 OLB.

If you look at what Fangio and Donatell did at DB in San Fran, they took middle round picks and B-Level free agents and threw them all against the wall to see who stuck where. They won games and had a great defense without great secondary players.

If the Bears are going defense, they need to take Allen or Thomas. Really what they need is to trade down to 7 or 8 and get better value than the players at #3 offer.
Funkster
MVP

wab wrote: If the Bears are going defense, they need to take Allen or Thomas. Really what they need is to trade down to 7 or 8 and get better value than the players at #3 offer.

I'm not disagreeing. I also think this is the best 2 options. But if we're talking safety or bust at #3, I would pass on Adams. IMO, the bears need a game changer in pass coverage and I believe that's not Adams.
“Protect this fucking house, go all out, leave that shit out on the field, let’s have some fun, makes some plays baby ” Mitch Trubisky #believethesleeve
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Jamal Adams at #3 could be a good decision. If he's the real deal Fangio should be able to turn a liability into a strength. Leadership and good play in the secondary will make it harder on the good QBs we face twice a year. I'm fine if the only way he crosses the line of scrimmage is with a pick.
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.