So Davis or Williams at 3?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

dapianna
Journeyman

Well Pace decided to be a dumbass today and let go of a top 10 maybe top 5 receiver in the league and now we have no one to throw to.
wab
Mod

It's a deep WR class. They don't need to take a WR at 3. They can wait until the 2nd or 3rd.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:It's a deep WR class. They don't need to take a WR at 3. They can wait until the 2nd or 3rd.
I bet you this fucking pussy wants Glennon to target only Kevin White, so he can save some God damned face.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

dapianna wrote:Well Pace decided to be a dumbass today and let go of a top 10 maybe top 5 receiver in the league and now we have no one to throw to.
I dunno about top 5 WR... he's good but I don't think he is a top 5 WR, even in his best season he wasn't top 5 in yards or receptions or touchdowns or yards per game or longest reception... so let's slow down on the rage of losing a top 5 WR, he was our top receiver, but let's level it out here and call it what it is.... that said I don't see a WR being the pick at 3... I have a feeling Mike Williams will run a slow 40 and Corey Davis will need a bit before he becomes the guy...
Nanky
Journeyman

Zay Jones in the 2nd.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Zay Jones, Chris Godwin, Michael Rector, Jehu Chesson, Curtis Samuel, Josh Malone, Robert Davis... this is a very deep WR class...
IotaNet
MVP

BamaBear09 wrote: ... I dunno about top 5 WR... he's good but I don't think he is a top 5 WR, even in his best season he wasn't top 5 in yards or receptions or touchdowns or yards per game or longest reception... so let's slow down on the rage of losing a top 5 WR ...
This.
Right.
Here.

AJ was a good receiver -- with great potential. But he never lived up to that potential for us.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

To be honest, I like Ross more than Williams or Davis, just because you know what you're getting with Ross. Williams might not be able to separate, and Davis might not be able to succeed against press man. Ross is going to blow the top off a defense and make teams roll coverage to his side that will open things up for Meredith, the TE, anyone in the slot and almost ensure that Howard is only facing 7 in the box at any given time.

All this with Glennon at the helm even..
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
EricTighe
MVP

IotaNet wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote: ... I dunno about top 5 WR... he's good but I don't think he is a top 5 WR, even in his best season he wasn't top 5 in yards or receptions or touchdowns or yards per game or longest reception... so let's slow down on the rage of losing a top 5 WR ...
This.
Right.
Here.

AJ was a good receiver -- with great potential. But he never lived up to that potential for us.

Wow a 2nd round pick that became the best WR the Bears ever drafted> What potential are you talking about?

He demanded double teams that is all that needs to be known on how good someone is.
wab
Mod

Jeffrey is a good WR. But he only played 65% of the snaps over the last 2 years. The Bears knew that and offered him a contract commensurate to that.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

wab wrote:Jeffrey is a good WR. But he only played 65% of the snaps over the last 2 years. The Bears knew that and offered him a contract commensurate to that.
And when the rest of the league wouldn't offer him what he felt he was worth, he came back and asked Pace for a one year deal, which Pace prob said, nah. So he went out and found someone desperate enough for a quality WR that they offered him what he wanted... a 1 year prove it deal to show everyone he is worth a long term 16m-18m a year contract... and I'm guessing Pace didn't feel like being his payday stage just to be spurned next year...
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:It's a deep WR class. They don't need to take a WR at 3. They can wait until the 2nd or 3rd.
Every 20 or 30 issues, we agree on something
:toast:
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
IotaNet
MVP

wab wrote:Jeffrey is a good WR. But he only played 65% of the snaps over the last 2 years. The Bears knew that and offered him a contract commensurate to that.
Exactly. The best ability is availability. 65% of snaps is not cutting it.
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
Ditka4Prez08
Rookie

No way Pace takes another WR in the 1st round.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

I think we're going to take a TE before a wideout. Maybe a hybrid guy like Hodges in the 3rd?
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

alexwilkins wrote:I think we're going to take a TE before a wideout. Maybe a hybrid guy like Hodges in the 3rd?
I love Hodges and if he lasts to 67, not making that move would be inexcusable (unless you took one sooner).

But, contrary to a lot of big boards out there, I see the odds of him getting out of the 2nd round very low.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

So Williams ran a 4.56-4.59 at his pro day... that coupled with Davis's inability to workout have pretty much locked him as WR1 in this draft...
wab
Mod

I still don't think there is a WR drafted in the top 12 this year. There's a LOT of #2/#3 types in this draft, but no clear cut #1.

Ross will probably be the first guy drafted...