Josh Dobbs...also a 1st round pick?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

The 2017 NFL draft finally kicks off in one week, but that means the rumor mill is now running at ludicrous speed.

The latest crazy talk comes from ESPN’s Todd McShay, who appeared on “Mike & Mike” Thursday morning. McShay believes Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs could sneak into the late-first round.

McShay went further, saying he’d rather spend a second-round pick on Dobbs than use a first-rounder on Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky, Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes or Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer.

It’s not the first time this week McShay has heaped praise on the Vols signal-caller, recently projecting him as a second-rounder who showed marked improvement throughout Senior Bowl week (via 247 Sports).

There’s plenty to like about Dobbs, and I wrote back in January about his similarities to Dallas Cowboys star Dak Prescott. But while Dobbs has some intriguing physical tools and tons of intelligence, he’s still a Day 3 talent in this class.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

It wouldn't surprise me very much to see Cleveland snap him up at the start of Day 2.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
EricTighe
MVP

Not sure why? The Browns already have one of the smartest QB's in the NFL and that didn't work to well for them last year.
Dobbs is smart no doubt about it, but that doesn't always translate well to the NFL.

Pat Haden had a good career. Rhodes Scholar
RG3 has had his moments. Law degree in 3 years at Baylor after turning down full ride to Stanford.
Fitzpatrick has had moments- Harvard grad.

Trust me there are more.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

welp