LB Rueben Foster fails drug test at combine

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

UOK
Site Admin

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... witter_atn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Last month, Foster was notified that his urine sample obtained in Indianapolis during the Combine was reported as dilute. Based on the provisions of the NFL's policy and program for substances of abuse, "this will be treated like a positive test."

In discussing his trying few months, Foster disclosed the test results to NFL.com because, he says, "This is something that's going to get out. I don't make excuses. I'm a real dude. I try to be a good person. ... I just hope the coaches understand and that's all I can hope and pray for." Foster has already been on the phone talking with teams telling them himself.

As for why the test came back dilute, Foster explained in detail. He said he was sick before the Combine. He was throwing up, had diarrhea, couldn't keep anything down and was cramping. One adviser offered to have a doctor put him on IVs to hydrate, but he didn't want that. He saw a doctor, got some medication and started hydrating himself.

Foster believes it was food poisoning.

"I couldn't eat much, but I had to drink water and Gatorade," said Foster, who began the process as the consensus top linebacker based on his game tape and measurables. "Then a few coaches said something about me being too light. And I'm a coach-pleaser. I don't care what everybody thinks, but I care what coaches think. So I drank and ate as much as I could without throwing up. Then I went in there, drinking and drinking water, trying to flush out my system from whatever was making me sick and trying to keep my weight up and took the test."

The result was the diluted test.
wab
Mod

Wonder if that's why he freaked out?
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Figured that's what happened. He got caught then freaked out about it. I'm sure someone will get arrested yet to overshadow this...
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Sounds fake.