R5,P143: Jordan Morgan, OL - Kutztown

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:Morgan's one of those guys who would work in a vacuum should injuries deplete team, but ideally you have him learn multiple positions for a season or two.

my hope is he is actually capable of doing that ... a true "swing lineman" ... maybe not good enough to beat out a starter, but adequate enough to back any of them up in a pinch
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I created a thread before I went to sleep this morning. When I woke I realized it was poor, falling asleep trying to make an observation has proven time and time again to be bad. Sense I deleted the word vomit.

Morgan was the only prospect the Bears brought in that they coached at the Senior Bowl. I would like to think that means they know the kids abilities pretty well, and have a plan for him.

I would think given his height it would be as an interior guy. People may suggest he is proportional to Leno due to height and arm length. However he is not the same athlete and I don't think your going to ever see him on the edge.
wab
Mod

Yeah. He's a guard. A hedge against Long and potential eventual replacement for Sitton.
UOK
Site Admin

Pace on Kutztown guard Jordan Morgan: "[He] played tackle in college, we see him more as a guard, he can do a little bit of both has good arm length, again an advantage of coaching the senior bowl was intimate knowledge with this player and another small school player but I think that senior bowl experience kind of cemented for us what kind of player he is, were excited about adding him to our offensive line."
WagonForce
MVP

I was thinking we would take a tackle this year and a guard next year. Either way, I'm happy to see continued investing in the line.
wab
Mod

WagonForce wrote:I was thinking we would take a tackle this year and a guard next year. Either way, I'm happy to see continued investing in the line.
I can only assume it's because the OT class in this draft was the worst it's been in a generation.
ysleblanc
MVP

wab wrote:Yeah. He's a guard. A hedge against Long and potential eventual replacement for Sitton.

He can back up at tackle, but his future is as a guard once Sitton and/or Long are gone.
UOK
Site Admin

Morgan signed w/ the Bears today.
G08
Hall of Famer

http://www.patriots.com/video/2017/03/0 ... g-kutztown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS