MMQB details on 49ers war room during Trubisky trade

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

malk
Head Coach

It's by the by but my reasoning for not liking the pick/trade isn't down to whether it had the right value or whether Pace was played or not. It's down to the evaluation of Trubisky and whether he was (not will be) the stand out QB in this draft. Of course Pace has made his evaluation and, surely, must think that Trubisky is head and shoulders above all the other QBs.

So if one agrees that it was Biscuits <<< everyone else then sure, three mid round picks is pretty much fine. On the other hand, if he's about the same as the next best QB then it isn't the cost of two 3s and a 4, it's two 3s, a 4 plus the trade down haul, something like two 2nds plus mid rounders or an additional 1st, 2nd and mid rounders.

Is Biscuits better than Watson/Mahomes + a 2018 1st, 2x 2nds, 2x 3rds and a 5th. That's the question I'm asking. Admittedly those picks are off the top of my head, please substitute for whatever you think is realistic.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)