19%
GRADE 1
4%
Grade 0 (Hated it!)
4%

Total votes: 27
karhu
Head Coach

Gave it a 2, because I've finally wrapped my head around what Pace might've been doing. Otherwise, that would've been generous.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'll give it a 3

they didn't fill the holes I thought were demanding to be filled, but they did make things interesting
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I put 2.

I'm actually fine with Trubisky. He was my Was#4 choice behind Garrett, Adams, and Allen. I was surprised by the trade but appreciate the aggressiveness.

My issue is with the rest of the picks, 3 of which are unlikely to help in 2017 and a tiny RB. We really needed to improve at significant positions NOW, because if Fox doesn't show improvement by winning 7-9 games he's probably gone. And if Fox is gone than in all likelihood Fangio and Loggains are also gone and we're starting all over again.

I really don't want to be starting another 3 year plan.
Nanky
Journeyman

Boris13c wrote:I'll give it a 3

they didn't fill the holes I thought were demanding to be filled, but they did make things interesting
That's what she said . . .
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Nanky wrote:
Boris13c wrote:I'll give it a 3

That's what she said . . .

:rimshot:
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Well you kids are much more optimistic then I. I know people point to the "If Trubisky works out this draft is a home run". Well if you draft #2 you should get that pick right. I see two possible starters, in a draft full of starters. Major positions not targeted for the future. Not a fan.
TheWorldBreaker
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:Well you kids are much more optimistic then I. I know people point to the "If Trubisky works out this draft is a home run". Well if you draft #2 you should get that pick right. I see two possible starters, in a draft full of starters. Major positions not targeted for the future. Not a fan.
If they got Trubisky right they'll do something the Bears haven't done since before WWII, have a franchise QB.

All of the other positions pale in comparison. Especially, in today's NFL.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I don't think history should really be a factor here. The draft position should produce an impact player.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:I don't think history should really be a factor here. The draft position should produce an impact player.

fully agree with you

however when a QB is the player, immediate impact is not necessarily expected ... what is expected is you get the right QB and on that I guess we'll see

I was not expecting the Bears to draft a QB, and I certainly didn't expect them to move up in the draft to do so ... I expected this to be a defense heavy draft and I was way off base ... the unfortunate part of that is the defensive holes I was hoping they would fill are still there unless a few folks really step up in training camp to establish themselves
George Carlin
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Last night, I was listening to a Spiegel and Parkins segment from a few days ago. They made an interesting observation that really fits well here. They said that after the draft, the pundits--who get their information from mock drafts made up of information who don't scout for NFL teams--will grade teams drafts did based on information from those sources who have no skin in the game and will ultimately be wrong a lot of the time. And those same pundits will be very unlikely to review their grades after 3 years have passed, when drafts can be legitimately graded.

That's the lens through which I view things. Let's see how they actually play and THEN judge them. You guys have fun grading them now. But I'll wait and see. :-)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
wab
Mod

I think it's perfectly fair to grade a team right after the draft on whatever percieved or arbitrary ranking these guys had, but they need to realize it doesn't mean anything. Like at all.
G08
Hall of Famer

In round 1, I think we got our franchise QB.

In round 2, I think we got a player who might become a focal point of our offense in the future.

In round 4(a), I think we got our future starting FS.

In round 4(b), I think we got our 3rd down back / gimmick option for our offense

In round 5, I think we got our potential replacement for Josh Sitton in 2018/2019.

Overall it's a good draft, I can't complain. I think Grasu turns into a wasted pick, unfortunately, but he should be a fine backup C.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Hematite
Player of the Month

I'll give it a 4 based solely on the idea that in todays NFL when rookie QB's can't demand ransoms to sign, going up and getting what you (Pace) believes is the best QB is a no brainer. TE was a position of need solely because of Miller's injury history and Shaheen has a decent shot of being an above average TE in my opinion. Cohen and his skill set was an absolute need for this offense and not having Forte showed the glaring need for a 3rd down back last year. I like Jackson for his upside and pray he stays healthy.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I think it's perfectly fair to grade a team right after the draft on whatever percieved or arbitrary ranking these guys had, but they need to realize it doesn't mean anything. Like at all.

agreed ... the post draft ratings are as important as the pre-draft mocks ... which means not very
George Carlin
wab
Mod

I'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to Mock Drafts, but to put ANY stock in them whatsoever is a fools errand. They are literally for entertainment purposes. It's simply a way for fans to stay connected to the game in the offseason.

When people start ranting about what a terrible pick it was because it was outside of some mock projection...it's just stupid.

I mean, seriously.

mock
mäk

adjective
1. not authentic or real, but without the intention to deceive.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I gave the draft a 2 grade, but not for trading up to get Mr. Biscuit. I not crazy about what they did in the other rounds.

I
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer