2018 NFL Draft Prospects

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:I wouldn't hate it

Bryan is a great athlete but he has high bust potential. If you watch a full game off him, he plays upright and his motor isn't what you would expect. I don't like him in the 1st, but I do in the 2nd.

Kemoko Turay....love that pick. Kids gonna be a solid player!
I am not a big fan of Turay. He is worth a 4th based solely on physical ability. He reminds me of Nick Perry without the strong hands. Both are a bit rigid in there movements. Turay can close. If he figures out how to use his hands and counter, there might be something there. Some of my problems come on how he was used, and I shouldn't count that against him. To often he wasn't trying to get up field which irritated me but it's not his fault.

I also disagree with Bryan. Yes he does get to high out of his stance. He is a unique talent.
Couldn't disagree more. Turay has flaws, but hand usage is not one of them. Look below, you don't see many guys out of college doing what he does with his hands.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtsco ... turay/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:

Bryan is a great athlete but he has high bust potential. If you watch a full game off him, he plays upright and his motor isn't what you would expect. I don't like him in the 1st, but I do in the 2nd.

I am not a big fan of Turay. He is worth a 4th based solely on physical ability. He reminds me of Nick Perry without the strong hands. Both are a bit rigid in there movements. Turay can close. If he figures out how to use his hands and counter, there might be something there. Some of my problems come on how he was used, and I shouldn't count that against him. To often he wasn't trying to get up field which irritated me but it's not his fault.

I also disagree with Bryan. Yes he does get to high out of his stance. He is a unique talent.

17 second mark, 39 second, 51...the guy uses his hands very well

https://youtubevideos.io/Cfb-film-room- ... JqHNWeaQy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cblaz11
MVP

I like Bryan..he flashes in this game. That being said, he also ends up on his butt a lot.

One of the most important things for a Dlinemen is staying on your feet, there are a lot of plays in every game where he doesn't do it. At the next level, that will double if he doesn't develop. Again, I like him, but not at 8, and probably not in the 1st.

http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/05/ta ... tate-2017/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:

https://youtubevideos.io/Cfb-film-room- ... JqHNWeaQy0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eh I could be wrong. I remember linemen getting into his chest more.
Adipost
MVP

Here’s a really great read...

Retired NFL defensive lineman Stephen White breaks down the pass rusher who might have the highest ceiling of any in the draft.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/20/17089168/2018-nfl-draft-marcus-davenport-breakdown-scouting-report
G08
Hall of Famer

I've completely forgotten about Davenport. I just feel like dude is way too raw for #8.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Hematite
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:I've completely forgotten about Davenport. I just feel like dude is way too raw for #8.
I feel the same way about Edmunds at 8 as well (as an edge rusher). Edmunds freakish athletic ability cushions that somewhat, but with our biggest need being edge rusher, its a worry. If Pace picks him, I'm sure he's satisfied he will fill that role nicely.

I'm with you 100% on Edge Rusher, Guard/Center in the first two rounds.
UOK
Site Admin

@AdamSchefter

Michigan’s potential first-round pick Mo Hurst has met with cardiologists at University of Michigan and Harvard, and they have cleared him to resume playing football, per league source. Hurst will do a full workout at Michigan's pro day on Friday.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

What are everyone's thoughts on Duke Ejiofor OLB/Edge Wake Forest? Like him? Dislike him? Reasoning?
Never Die Easy
cblaz11
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:

Eh I could be wrong. I remember linemen getting into his chest more.

He kind of reminds me of Rosey Colvin. I watched a couple full games and ya, he def is struggling to get off blocks. I like him, but wouldn't want him until the 4th
thunderspirit
Head Coach

DaSuperfan wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Duke Ejiofor OLB/Edge Wake Forest? Like him? Dislike him? Reasoning?
He's been nicely productive during his time at Wake. He's not explosive like Marcus Davenport or an athletic marvel like Josh Sweat. More of a lunch pail kind of guy who has very good technique and displays better skills than raw talent.

I honestly think, if Ejiofor can get stronger, he could develop into a very effective 5-technique.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I think Duke will have a long career, but will never be the guy. I think he would be a good RE. Maybe a ceiling of Alex Brown's career path
UOK
Site Admin

Bears meeting with CB Josh Jackson today, per Rapaport.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

http://walterfootball.com/prospectMeetings/byteam" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

Anyone else find it odd that there isn't a single pass rusher on this list except for Chubb?

Mike Boone, RB, Cincinnati (PRO)
Toth, Brett, OT, Army (EW)
Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (PRI)
Deon Cain, WR, Clemson (COM)
Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State (PRI)
James Daniels, C, Iowa (PRI)
Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois (PRI)
Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama (WOR)
Matthew Gono, G, Wesley (PRI)
Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida (PRI)
Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina (COM)
Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (COM)
Elijah Marks, WR, Northern Arizona (PRI)
Jamar McGloster, OT, Syracuse (EW)
Tarvarius Moore, FS, Southern Mississippi (PRI)
Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T (COM)
DeMornay Pierson-El, WR, Nebraska (PRO)
Kyle Queiro, FS, Northwestern (WOR)
Jeremy Reaves, S, South Alabama (PRI)
Calvin Ridley^, WR, Alabama (COM, PRO)
Brandon Shed, WR, Hobart (PRO)
Roquan Smith, OLB/ILB, Georgia (PRI)
Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU (COM)
Jonah Trinnaman, WR, Brigham Young (PRO)
Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State (COM)
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Maybe, yeah.

In 2016 they had private meetings with Floyd and Whitehair.
In 2017 they had a private meeting with Cohen, a clandestine workout with Trubisky, and coached Jordan Morgan at the Senior Bowl.

The Bears reportedly met with a few small-school guys at this year's Senior Bowl.

There are a few more names here than on the Walter Football list, but still not deep in edge guys. This might be something akin to the Trubisky thing last year, I dunno.
KFFL refugee.

G08
Hall of Famer

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2560032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch that middle clip / interview. I want to shake this dude's hand.
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2560032

Yeah, I read up on him during senior bowl week. Seems like a great kid. I don't know a ton about him as a player, except that he's undersized.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2560032

Yeah, I read up on him during senior bowl week. Seems like a great kid. I don't know a ton about him as a player, except that he's undersized.
He's got some juice to him though, huh?

[video][/video]
UOK
Site Admin

@ZachOsterman

Simmie Cobbs says he’ll work out with the Colts and Bears in the next few days. #iufb
G08
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:@ZachOsterman

Simmie Cobbs says he’ll work out with the Colts and Bears in the next few days. #iufb
Interesting... potential conversion to 'U' TE in our offense?
UOK
Site Admin

@clarencehilljr

Per source with boots on the ground in Athens, Georgia LB Roquan Smith does not have a visit scheduled with the Cowboys. He leaves tomorrow for visits with Indy and Chicago
G08
Hall of Famer

I can make an argument for Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Edmunds, Davenport, Landry and Smith all at #8.

I hate this.
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:I can make an argument for Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Ward, Edmunds, Davenport, Landry and Smith all at #8.

I hate this.
Yeah, it's getting frustrating to think about.

I've convinced myself that if Nelson is gone, I'm "Ok" with any of the following guys: Harold Landry, Roquan Smith, Vita Vea, Tremaine Edmunds, Marcus Davenport, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward. Not necessarily in that order, but pretty close.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

I read somebody's opinion this week that is simple, but makes a lot of sense. The logic goes like this, 4 QBs are going to go before the Bears. Beyond that, there are 4 players above the rest, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson and Fitzpatrick. Take the best of those 4 whoever is left. Easy peasy.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Middleguard
MVP

Mikefive wrote:I read somebody's opinion this week that is simple, but makes a lot of sense. The logic goes like this, 4 QBs are going to go before the Bears. Beyond that, there are 4 players above the rest, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson and Fitzpatrick. Take the best of those 4 whoever is left. Easy peasy.
But when only 3 QBs are taken, easy peasy goes out the window. And trade down to somebody who wants that 4th QB is unlikely because they won't have to trade up to #8 to get him.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
UOK wrote:@ZachOsterman

Interesting... potential conversion to 'U' TE in our offense?
Cobbs' dimensions are fairly comparable to Trey Burton, actually.

Burton: 6021, 224, 31" arm, 9 3/8" hand, 74" wingspan, 4.60 40yd, 1.62 10yd, 30.0" VJ, 9.333' BJ, 7.14 3C, 4.32 SS
Cobbs: 6031, 220, 32" arm, 9 1/4" hand, 77 3/4" wingspan, 4.64 40yd, 1.59 10yd, 30.0" VJ, 9.417" BJ, 6.70 3C, 4.32 SS
KFFL refugee.

wab
Mod

The Bears clearly don't have enough TE's.
UOK
Site Admin

@JacquesDoucet

Arden Key 4.85 in 40-yard dash. #LSU
wab
Mod

UOK wrote:@JacquesDoucet

Arden Key 4.85 in 40-yard dash. #LSU
Woof.