2018 mock draft. (Pre Combine update)

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

It also depends on who declares. I would think Darnold stays. Maybe Allen too.

Right now Rosen, Jackson, Rudolph, and Finley are the top 4 guys. I could see Rosen and Jackson going top 10. Rudolph and Finley somewhere in the early to late teens.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:Guess it all depends who picks before us and who they draft. I'm assuming 49ers won't go QB. Browns who knows what they'll do.
lots of great question marks at this point in the season. probably a few teams eyeing those buffalo picks.

current draft order:
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

RustyTrubisky wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:Guess it all depends who picks before us and who they draft. I'm assuming 49ers won't go QB. Browns who knows what they'll do.
lots of great question marks at this point in the season. probably a few teams eyeing those buffalo picks.

current draft order:
If that's the order I could see browns Giants and broncos taking a QB
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

bearsfaninaz wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:

current draft order:
If that's the order I could see browns Giants and broncos taking a QB
A third of the teams in the league are a possibility! Denver I have to think wont give up on Paxton yet. Browns could go either way, like I think they should, but maybe they decide to try and help deshone out. Giants I think will have a new coach that will jump at the chance to draft his guy at QB and not bet on Davis Webb.

further down the line, along with Buff I think the Jets know they fucked up big time with Hackenberg, and Arizona feels like a no brainer. Jax is a very real possibility as well.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

was there a glitch in the matrix
Adipost
MVP

What’s the point in getting rid of an excellent guard only to draft another one in the top 10. Sounds like manufacturing new holes. I could see Nelson at RT, though.
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Adipost wrote:What’s the point in getting rid of an excellent guard only to draft another one in the top 10. Sounds like manufacturing new holes. I could see Nelson at RT, though.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Like releasing Matt Slauson and drafting Whitehair. Sitton has one year left and I can’t see him resigning.
malk
Head Coach

alexwilkins wrote:
Adipost wrote:What’s the point in getting rid of an excellent guard only to draft another one in the top 10. Sounds like manufacturing new holes. I could see Nelson at RT, though.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Like releasing Matt Slauson and drafting Whitehair. Sitton has one year left and I can’t see him resigning.
Whitehair wasn't a top ten pick though. I could see us taking a guard (or centre) with a higher pick, 2nd or 3rd say, but not with our 1st.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

malk wrote:
alexwilkins wrote:
Whitehair wasn't a top ten pick though. I could see us taking a guard (or centre) with a higher pick, 2nd or 3rd say, but not with our 1st.
Nelson can play just about any position on the line though. Having an elite player that can play inside or outside could be valuable. If Jordan Morgan develops into a decent starter, we could have Nelson play RT next season....heck he might eventually be LT before it's all said and done. I don't see a lot of talents like him come along very often - so if he was available I definitely wouldn't mind if Pace pulled the trigger.
Never Die Easy
mshu7
Pro Bowler

G08 wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
G08 wrote:I'm hoping we lose out, secure a top 2 or 3 pick, and fleece some QB-needy team of alllll their draft picks.
This would be ideal. Any team have multiple 1s this year that needs a QB?
I believe Buffalo...
Funny you mention them G08. A Buffalo Bills media guy from CBS was doing a Q&A on Twitter last night. Here was one of the questions:

Chris Trapasso‏
@ChrisTrapasso
Following Following @ChrisTrapasso
More Chris Trapasso Retweeted alt account
At this point, I think there’s a good chance they will.Chris Trapasso added,

@jason_lemere
Replying to @ChrisTrapasso
Do you think the bills will in fact trade up for a QB ?
6:13 PM - 12 Dec 2017
-Shu
G08
Hall of Famer

mshu7 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
G08 wrote:I'm hoping we lose out, secure a top 2 or 3 pick, and fleece some QB-needy team of alllll their draft picks.
I believe Buffalo...
Funny you mention them G08. A Buffalo Bills media guy from CBS was doing a Q&A on Twitter last night. Here was one of the questions:

Chris Trapasso‏
@ChrisTrapasso

@jason_lemere
My buddy is a die hard Bills fan and he thinks they are going to be trading both their firsts to move up for a QB. Question is who do they like. I think they currently have picks #21 and #22, which should propel them up to pick #6 if they'd like.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
mshu7 wrote:
G08 wrote:
bearsfaninaz wrote:
I believe Buffalo...

Chris Trapasso‏
@ChrisTrapasso

@jason_lemere
My buddy is a die hard Bills fan and he thinks they are going to be trading both their firsts to move up for a QB. Question is who do they like. I think they currently have picks #21 and #22, which should propel them up to pick #6 if they'd like.
Imagine the Browns trade down with Houston’s first rounder, #6 at the moment. They would have three 1st round picks two years in a row, including two #1 overall picks.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

6 probably won't be nearly enough to get one of the elite QBs
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Moriarty wrote:6 probably won't be nearly enough to get one of the elite QBs
Who are the elite QB's of this draft? Rosen? Darnold?

Reports are that Darnold may not even declare this year and return to USC for his senior season. If he doesn't declare for the draft, that leaves only Rosen as the only "elite" prospect IMO. Lamar Jackson has had his struggles. Josh Allen's stock has dipped significantly. Baker Mayfield had an incredible 2017, but don't think that puts him the elite category. Mason Rudolph might climb into that "elite" category once the Senior Bowl, Combine and individual workouts begin.

Now that being said. The top teams in the draft are all in need of a QB (and there are a lot) so there could be a lot of QB's taken earlier than anticipated.
Never Die Easy
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

That's what I mean.
Given the way the needs of the worst teams, the QBs available, and the other positions shake out, I'm doubting that any QB you should be seriously considering at 6 is still on the board by pick 6.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
malk
Head Coach

I still love Mason Rudolph and had him as the best prospect in last year's draft. He's played 4 years, got more accurate each year and doesn't throw many interceptions. 10 rushing touchdowns this year is a nice to have too.

Last bumped by alexwilkins on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:39 am.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)