Chicago Bears Team Needs

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
malk wrote:
wab wrote:
malk wrote:Resign Fuller, Inman and Meredith (plus depth we like).
Draft me a pass rusher in the first round.
Sign a corner, preferably better than Amukamara.
Sign a #1 receiver. Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Jarvis Landry. There are players out there, all with a few question marks, sadly a lot health related(!) but we can and will make a bit of a splash.
Sign the best backup guard we can if that isn't Kush or someone similar.
I don't think Amukamara is getting enough credit. He's one of the reasons that Fuller is having a nice year. Teams just aren't throwing at Amukamara. Like, at all.

Outside of another pass rusher and maybe depth at DE, I don't see a much wrong with the defense.
True, I just can't get over how salty I am about missing out on Bouye! I think that miss and not taking Weddle in the draft are the two biggest personnel annoyances I've had.

@G08. I listed Moncrief, he's a bit of a projection but now could be a good time to buy (relatively) low. My first choice would be finding a way to get both Allen and Landry but that might be pie in the sky.
I love Allen Robinson, but with Kevin White's injury history and Meredith coming off torn knee ligaments, how can Pace justify signing a dude that's coming off a torn ACL?

Landry is interesting but I heard he's a selfish asshole, not sure Pace would welcome that character here.
We can't write off anyone with a question mark. You do your due diligence and make the best decision. If Pace is second guessing his moves we've already lost.

On Landry, it's his catch percentage (something I also love about Meredith). 69% for his career, that's pretty damn good! Perhaps he is too similar to Meredith, does he line up outside for the Dolphins? Can he play the Z?

Maybe that's where the draft comes in. Basically Adi's plan to sign the X in free agency, resign Inman as the Z and Meredith as the slot. There are injury flags on the Xs too though...

But the bottom line is we need to improve and we can't black flag anyone any injury or character concerns. He's not Ray McDonald so I'm not massively concerned about a wideout being selfish if he's productive. Due diligence as above I guess.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

#1 need - coach
#2 need - coach
#3 on - playmakers on offense esp WR.
Adipost
MVP

G08 wrote:
malk wrote:
wab wrote:
Sign a #1 receiver. Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Jarvis Landry. There are players out there, all with a few question marks, sadly a lot health related(!) but we can and will make a bit of a splash.
I don't think Amukamara is getting enough credit. He's one of the reasons that Fuller is having a nice year. Teams just aren't throwing at Amukamara. Like, at all.

Outside of another pass rusher and maybe depth at DE, I don't see a much wrong with the defense.
True, I just can't get over how salty I am about missing out on Bouye! I think that miss and not taking Weddle in the draft are the two biggest personnel annoyances I've had.

@G08. I listed Moncrief, he's a bit of a projection but now could be a good time to buy (relatively) low. My first choice would be finding a way to get both Allen and Landry but that might be pie in the sky.
I love Allen Robinson, but with Kevin White's injury history and Meredith coming off torn knee ligaments, how can Pace justify signing a dude that's coming off a torn ACL?

Landry is interesting but I heard he's a selfish asshole, not sure Pace would welcome that character here.
There is video of him shoving his wife/girlfriend into a car.
malk
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
malk wrote:
wab wrote:

There is video of him shoving his wife/girlfriend into a car.
Aaand I'm out.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
wab
Mod

Yeah, there's a reason no one bit on Landry when the trade deadline came around.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Q3 updates

Position….Rounds…………………..Comment
1) WR..….1-2…………………..A wreck, need at least 1 high-end addition, possibly 2
2) OLB….1-2……………………Age, injury, and expense problems, all in one
3) ILB……4-5……………………Freeman is probably done, Jones a FA who may be better outside
4) CB……1-2…………………….Might having trouble re-signing both and they won’t even play Cooper on passing downs now
5) OT……1-2……………………both mediocre at best, but can’t dump Leno until 2019
6) QB….…4-6……………………Will need a new 3 and it’s a good QB year
7) K……….5-6……………………Santos might or might not be a solution
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.