View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:29 pm 
Pro Bowler

DaSuperfan wrote:
staleystarch wrote:
staleystarch wrote:
If the Bears go WR with pick 8 I prefer Cortand Sutton over Christian Kirk. I know there are some good sub 6 foot WR in the league, Antonio Brown just one example. Still, I prefer big WRs in the end zone. Cortland Sutton fits that bill.

Now that Nagy has come in and intends to run more spread I’ve changed my preference to Christian Kirk. Speed fits the new system more than a big guy with a big wingspan who can fight CBs for the ball. We’ll still have Shaheen close in in a crowded end zone.

Kirk is my guy in R2. But doubt he gets that far. If we trade with Buffalo and get their 21-22 picks, I'd go for Landry and Kirk back to back.

I agree. To be honest, barring an amazing combine and private workout I could not justify picking him at eight either. Even Ridley may be a stretch there too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:29 pm 
Pro Bowler

UOK wrote:

I'll be breathing into the brown paper bag again if we take Ridley at #8. I'm just not ready for another WR in the first round. Why Pace would want to emulate Matt Millen is beyond me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
Trade down with the Bills and give me Landry and Kirk.

I don't see it happening but I think there are pretty good odds that the Bills don't find a trade partner before our pick and there's a QB they like remaining when it comes around. I can't find a player that I like enough in our situation at #8 so that's my hope beyond hope right now.

For the record I see no way that Pace pulls the trigger on that trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:13 pm 
Hall of Famer

malk wrote:
G08 wrote:
Trade down with the Bills and give me Landry and Kirk.

I don't see it happening but I think there are pretty good odds that the Bills don't find a trade partner before our pick and there's a QB they like remaining when it comes around. I can't find a player that I like enough in our situation at #8 so that's my hope beyond hope right now.

For the record I see no way that Pace pulls the trigger on that trade.

I just don't love anyone at 8 and I'm of the opinion that you don't draft guards or right tackles with a top 8 pick. I guess we could take a corner there.

Maybe we "reach" for a pass rusher (doubt Chubb will be there) at #8 and then take the best WR in round 2? Grab a RT in round 4?

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

Last edited by G08 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 pm 
Pro Bowler

Strictly using Kiper's board and assuming I had to hold onto the #8 pick, I would take Roquan Smith and be totally happy with that.

If I could trade with Buffalo, then its Landry and Tarvarus Jackson.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 am 
Assistant Coach

If the Kiper draft fell that way I'd go Landry straight up at 8. Look up his 2016 tape when he was healthy. He was a dominant edge rusher.

Right now, Landry is my top guy for the Bears in R1.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6