View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm
Posts: 3166
Location: New Orleans LA
I'm against trading back this year. We still need to be searching for impact players and they're more likely to be found in the first two rounds. There are a few very good players in this draft, and considering the QB needs in front of us, it's likely that they will fall.

And btw

The Patriots are not successful because they do an awesome job of amassing picks in the mid rounds and finding gems, they're successful because the have possibly the best coach and possibly the best QB in history. They surround Brady with average or above average support and the coaches win with scheme.

EDIT
And Brady agreed to play for cheap. And they cheat. It's not draft genius


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:45 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 am
Posts: 4255
Location: Maine!
crueltyabc wrote:
I'm against trading back this year. We still need to be searching for impact players and they're more likely to be found in the first two rounds. There are a few very good players in this draft, and considering the QB needs in front of us, it's likely that they will fall.

And btw

The Patriots are not successful because they do an awesome job of amassing picks in the mid rounds and finding gems, they're successful because the have possibly the best coach and possibly the best QB in history. They surround Brady with average or above average support and the coaches win with scheme.

EDIT
And Brady agreed to play for cheap. And they cheat. It's not draft genius


yeah, if anything it's pretty much universally accepted that belichick's weakest quality is his drafting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13182
Location: World Championsville
If his knee checks out... I'd be all over Connor Williams. Keep him at RT for 3-4 years and when Leno's contract is up, kick him over to LT. Kid is what, 20?

_________________
Image

8. Marcus Davenport // 39. Billy Price

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am
Posts: 4269
G08 wrote:
If his knee checks out... I'd be all over Connor Williams. Keep him at RT for 3-4 years and when Leno's contract is up, kick him over to LT. Kid is what, 20?


Agree with that. It would make a talented line when healthy, with a mix of youth and experience. Obviously health is a concern but you can't complain about this line up.

Leno Long Whitehair Sitton Williams


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:18 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm
Posts: 632
G08 wrote:
If his knee checks out... I'd be all over Connor Williams. Keep him at RT for 3-4 years and when Leno's contract is up, kick him over to LT. Kid is what, 20?


Yep, he's 20.

_________________
Never Die Easy


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm
Posts: 387
crueltyabc wrote:
I'm against trading back this year. We still need to be searching for impact players and they're more likely to be found in the first two rounds. There are a few very good players in this draft, and considering the QB needs in front of us, it's likely that they will fall.

And btw

The Patriots are not successful because they do an awesome job of amassing picks in the mid rounds and finding gems, they're successful because the have possibly the best coach and possibly the best QB in history. They surround Brady with average or above average support and the coaches win with scheme.

EDIT
And Brady agreed to play for cheap. And they cheat. It's not draft genius


Well if you can't beat em...join em!

I can tell you trading away draft picks hasn't worked very well for Chicago either. Might as well try a different strategy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm
Posts: 818
mmmc_35 wrote:
G08 wrote:
If his knee checks out... I'd be all over Connor Williams. Keep him at RT for 3-4 years and when Leno's contract is up, kick him over to LT. Kid is what, 20?


Agree with that. It would make a talented line when healthy, with a mix of youth and experience. Obviously health is a concern but you can't complain about this line up.

Leno Long Whitehair Sitton Williams


I agree with the logic, but until proven healthy, you can't plan for Long to start let alone play.

_________________
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 17938
I’m not counting on Long to play much more in his career, let alone much next season.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13182
Location: World Championsville
wab wrote:
I’m not counting on Long to play much more in his career, let alone much next season.


You've been saying this for a while now and I didn't want to believe it. I think you're onto something but still hope you're wrong my friend.

_________________
Image

8. Marcus Davenport // 39. Billy Price

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am
Posts: 543
Atkins&Rebel wrote:
I could see packaging our pick to trade for a player in a trade down scenario. Like if we want Demarcus Lawrence and the Cowboys tag him...maybe offer to drop to 19 in order to trade for Lawrence.

But that is the only way I'd like to move back in some kind of 2 for 1 where we get a player and the pick in exchange.

I see us having a ton of cap space and while building through the draft is quaint...most teams still need a big trade or FA splash to solidify rosters.


As the Bears I take that deal and run provided that Lawrence signs an extension. With pass rush addressed, then you can take a good long look if Nelson or McGlinchey drop that far (even though I hate taking OL that high up) or you go CB or ILB.

Oddly enough Walter Football has Roquan Smith taken right there at 19. If that plays out and we trade for Lawrence and then draft Smith that is a huge win.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group