View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Berwyn, IL
wab wrote:
I’m not counting on Long to play much more in his career, let alone much next season.


I think that if anyone is going to light a fire under Long, and motivate him to get healthy, it will be Hellfrich. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 am 
Offline
Crafty Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm
Posts: 852
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:
I’m not counting on Long to play much more in his career, let alone much next season.


I think that if anyone is going to light a fire under Long, and motivate him to get healthy, it will be Hellfrich. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.


I think you mean Hiestand, but even a good coach can't motivate a chronic injury to get better.

_________________
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Berwyn, IL
Atkins&Rebel wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:
I’m not counting on Long to play much more in his career, let alone much next season.


I think that if anyone is going to light a fire under Long, and motivate him to get healthy, it will be Hellfrich. It will be interesting to see how that dynamic plays out.


I think you mean Hiestand, but even a good coach can't motivate a chronic injury to get better.


No I mean Hellfrich. That was his OC when he was at Oregon. Both him and Grasu played under him while he was coaching there. Long knows what he brings to the table. Yes Long has had some chronic injuries, but I am wondering if this would motivate him a little more to try and figure out how to STAY healthy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:07 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:08 pm
Posts: 506
I don’t see anyone wanting to trade up to only the 8th pick.

_________________
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:31 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm
Posts: 399
The Bears become a much better team with every mock draft that I do which includes a trade down. IMO, Chubb is the only player I stay at 8 for, which is highly unlikely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:47 am 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:00 am
Posts: 369
Location: North Pole, AK
An ideal situation for me...

Bears get:
#21
#22
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #53
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #55
Bills 2018 3rd Round pick #96
Bills 2019 3rd Round pick

Bills get:
#8
Bears 2018 4th Round pick(from AZ) #115
Bears 2019 4th Round pick


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 am 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 18098
alexwilkins wrote:
An ideal situation for me...

Bears get:
#21
#22
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #53
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #55
Bills 2018 3rd Round pick #96
Bills 2019 3rd Round pick

Bills get:
#8
Bears 2018 4th Round pick(from AZ) #115
Bears 2019 4th Round pick



Ummmmm.... well of course that would be an ideal situation. But there's no way outside of Xbox that it's going to happen.

The Bills would be giving up almost 2500 points to the Bears 1536.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:08 am 
Offline
Head Coach
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Posts: 2050
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
alexwilkins wrote:
An ideal situation for me...

Bears get:
#21
#22
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #53
Bills 2018 2nd Round pick #55
Bills 2018 3rd Round pick #96
Bills 2019 3rd Round pick

Bills get:
#8
Bears 2018 4th Round pick(from AZ) #115
Bears 2019 4th Round pick
That's one happy dream you're dreaming right there. Now wake up. :evilgrin:

_________________
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm
Posts: 399
As many holes that exist on this roster right now, it's trade down or bust IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 866
I wish that posters proposing trades would indicate who they think is taken in the first 7 (any order) and who the team trading with the Bears wants to snatch at #8 and why the Bears would be a better trade partner than the Bucs or the 49ers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group