BFO Scouting WR

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:This is one where we are going to agree to disagree. I think Watkins is fools gold. The rams gave up a 2nd round pick for him as a one year rental? Something doesn't smell right.
See, this is kind of where I am too.

It's certainly possible that both the Bills and the Rams have decided, in error, that Watkins isn't worth the cost. But something absolutely seems amiss.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

Rams GM Les Snead admitted at the combine that when he traded a second-rounder to the Buffalo Bills last August for Watkins, it was with the mutual understanding that they'd do everything possible to make it more than a one-year rental situation. But Snead hedged some, too, acknowledging the Rams would still likely recoup some of that expense in the form of a 2019 compensatory pick if (when) Watkins leaves.
That makes sense
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Man Dante Pettis is exciting to watch. A lot of times freak returnees struggle as a receiver. This guy shows good hands and crisp routes. He could be a steal.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I wanted to bump this thread now that list of Trubisky's passing targets has solidified a little bit:

WR
Robinson
Gabriel
White
Bellamy
Gentry

RB
Howard
Cohen
Cunningham

TE
Sims
Burton
Shaheen

Who fits? I still worry about WR depth and obv depending what happens early in the draft, I'm looking at Moore in the 2nd or Washington a little later.
xyt in the discord chats
Adipost
MVP

I’m actually more intrigued by Calvin Ridley now that we have Allen Robinson. I wasn’t too thrilled with him being a #1, but opposite Robinson he could be an absolute force.
G08
Hall of Famer

I don't like Ridley... too slight for my taste and he's already 24. Hard pass.

Unless we have someone like DJ Moore or Christian Kirk sitting there at #39, I don't see us taking a WR before round 4 (assuming we don't trade).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

crueltyabc wrote:I wanted to bump this thread now that list of Trubisky's passing targets has solidified a little bit:

WR
Robinson
Gabriel
White
Bellamy
Gentry

RB
Howard
Cohen
Cunningham

TE
Sims
Burton
Shaheen

Who fits? I still worry about WR depth and obv depending what happens early in the draft, I'm looking at Moore in the 2nd or Washington a little later.
That's a pretty steep drop after Gabriel on the depth chart. Just makes the Meredith situation all the more frustrating. Now we're in a situation where we have to draft a WR most likely in round 2.