View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Problem is that now people are talking about him in the top 7. So there's a good chance he doesn't make it to the Bears. Because Bears.

Right now, my top 10 players are:
Nelson
Barkley
Chubb
Darnold
Fitzpatrick
Allen
Edmunds
Vea
Ward
Davenport

So who knows.

It's funny that you now want Nelson #1. When I suggested it weeks ago, you were like, 'no way are we taking a G at #8.'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 pm 
Mod

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:
Problem is that now people are talking about him in the top 7. So there's a good chance he doesn't make it to the Bears. Because Bears.

Right now, my top 10 players are:
Nelson
Barkley
Chubb
Darnold
Fitzpatrick
Allen
Edmunds
Vea
Ward
Davenport

So who knows.

It's funny that you now want Nelson #1. When I suggested it weeks ago, you were like, 'no way are we taking a G at #8.'

Me? I mocked him to the Bears in my first draft.

If I said anything, I said just because the Bears hired his college position coach doesn’t mean they will take him, or that they have to take him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 pm 
Hall of Famer

Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 
Assistant Coach

G08 wrote:
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

This right here.

And he is young enough that he has to be taught anyway. He comes from a football family and seems to be a good kid to boot.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:54 pm 
Crafty Veteran

I hadn't read before, or hadn't paid attention to, the fact that Edmunds' dad was two-time All-Pro and his brothers play football as well. That's a big box on Pace's checklist. I think he'll trade up a pick to get him after the Bucs tell him the 49ers already made them an offer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:22 pm 
Assistant Coach

Middleguard wrote:
I hadn't read before, or hadn't paid attention to, the fact that Edmunds' dad was two-time All-Pro and his brothers play football as well. That's a big box on Pace's checklist ...
Yup. Pace is all about "character guys" and rightfully so. He's trying to establish a certain culture for the team going forward and to your point, this kid coming from a successful "football family" carries weight with Pace.

He was also a quarter-finalist for the Lott (as in Ronnie) IMPACT trophy. IMPACT is an acronym for: Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community, and Tenacity. He didn't win but he was nominated this past season.
(Link: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/rec ... 19aaa.html)

I'm telling you, this kid checks all the boxes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oTjfbxn3Ng

Still want him at 8!?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 pm 
Assistant Coach

After seeing the improvements he made from the start of the season to the final 4-5 games? Yep.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

This draft class feels so weird to me. I can't quite place it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 am 
Journeyman

After watching that video why wouldn't anyone want him.

All in!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next