View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
Search for:
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 5946
Location: Berwyn, IL
wab wrote:
Problem is that now people are talking about him in the top 7. So there's a good chance he doesn't make it to the Bears. Because Bears.

Right now, my top 10 players are:
Nelson
Barkley
Chubb
Darnold
Fitzpatrick
Allen
Edmunds
Vea
Ward
Davenport

So who knows.


It's funny that you now want Nelson #1. When I suggested it weeks ago, you were like, 'no way are we taking a G at #8.'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 pm 
Offline
Mod
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm
Posts: 18098
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
wab wrote:
Problem is that now people are talking about him in the top 7. So there's a good chance he doesn't make it to the Bears. Because Bears.

Right now, my top 10 players are:
Nelson
Barkley
Chubb
Darnold
Fitzpatrick
Allen
Edmunds
Vea
Ward
Davenport

So who knows.


It's funny that you now want Nelson #1. When I suggested it weeks ago, you were like, 'no way are we taking a G at #8.'

Me? I mocked him to the Bears in my first draft.

If I said anything, I said just because the Bears hired his college position coach doesn’t mean they will take him, or that they have to take him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 pm 
Offline
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm
Posts: 13334
Location: World Championsville
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

_________________
Image

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am
Posts: 633
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
G08 wrote:
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

This right here.

And he is young enough that he has to be taught anyway. He comes from a football family and seems to be a good kid to boot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
Crafty Veteran

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:10 pm
Posts: 866
I hadn't read before, or hadn't paid attention to, the fact that Edmunds' dad was two-time All-Pro and his brothers play football as well. That's a big box on Pace's checklist. I think he'll trade up a pick to get him after the Bucs tell him the 49ers already made them an offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am
Posts: 633
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
Middleguard wrote:
I hadn't read before, or hadn't paid attention to, the fact that Edmunds' dad was two-time All-Pro and his brothers play football as well. That's a big box on Pace's checklist ...
Yup. Pace is all about "character guys" and rightfully so. He's trying to establish a certain culture for the team going forward and to your point, this kid coming from a successful "football family" carries weight with Pace.

He was also a quarter-finalist for the Lott (as in Ronnie) IMPACT trophy. IMPACT is an acronym for: Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community, and Tenacity. He didn't win but he was nominated this past season.
(Link: http://www.hokiesports.com/football/rec ... 19aaa.html)

I'm telling you, this kid checks all the boxes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Offline
Player of the Month

Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:02 pm
Posts: 273
G08 wrote:
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.



https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oTjfbxn3Ng

Still want him at 8!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
Assistant Coach
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Chicago, IL
After seeing the improvements he made from the start of the season to the final 4-5 games? Yep.

_________________
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am
Posts: 18712
Location: Champaign, IL
This draft class feels so weird to me. I can't quite place it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:34 am 
Offline
Journeyman

Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Posts: 171
After watching that video why wouldn't anyone want him.

All in!


Top
 Profile  
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group