View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 am 
Hall of Famer

McCblaz wrote:
G08 wrote:
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4oTjfbxn3Ng

Still want him at 8!?

Absolutely. I'm not keeping him at ILB in my scenario, though. He's strictly a pass rusher starting off.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:26 pm 
Mod

All that video did was make me want him more.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:29 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
McCblaz wrote:
G08 wrote:
Nelson is a luxury pick that we can't afford right now, IMO. I hope the kid goes before us at #8.

Tremaine Edmunds is my pick all the way; at minimum you have an elite talent at ILB (keyword: talent). I trust Fangio to treat him just like Aldon Smith during his 14 sack rookie season -- just sick him after the QB and occasionally sprinkle in him dropping into coverage. Kid's a freak.

Still want him at 8!?

Absolutely. I'm not keeping him at ILB in my scenario, though. He's strictly a pass rusher starting off.

Dude, you’re crazy with you’re Edge projection. I havent seen 1 play in his entire 2017 tape where Edmunds beat an OT one on one for a sack or even a hurry. Not one. Your projecting him as a pass rusher based solely on his length, and you’re just ignoring every single second of his tape.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:50 pm 
Player of the Month

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
McCblaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Still want him at 8!?

Dude, you’re crazy with you’re Edge projection. I havent seen 1 play in his entire 2017 tape where Edmunds beat an OT one on one for a sack or even a hurry. Not one. Your projecting him as a pass rusher based solely on his length, and you’re just ignoring every single second of his tape.

I'm not saying that he couldn't develop that talent. I don't know. But Pace/Nagy/Fangio better be certain that he can develop into a legitimate pass rusher because there isn't many chances to get that position right in this draft. It's do or die in the first round IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:24 am 
Journeyman

Why is everyone wanting to see this kid moved to edge rusher?

I see a MLB that can cover any TE in the game physically, crap and most tall WR's.
The only part of his game that he needs to work on is discipline. That is what all college players need to learn when coming out.

In my 40 years of watching and understanding football one thing remains the same. Freaks make your team better. Forget the position. If this kid has the mental aspect and the determination to be great then he will. Over 100 tackles and 5 sacks from the middle is outstanding. Match that with his 4.55 speed and his size and why would you ever wanna make him a one trick pony?

Not to mention we will have Floyd on one side and a group of guys on the other.

Just imagine Trevathon and Edmunds manning the middle of the field? That will give OC's in time nightmares. Not to mention Vic would have to be giddy as hell being able to blitz from all over the field knowing the speed that is out there.

I went through these arguments when Urlacher came out. Guess we go through them again.

A couple years ago I almost broke my TV cuase we didn't draft Donald. Just to be safe I am gonna hook my ole boob tube just in case we do something stupid.

Only 4 guys I want in the first round.
1. Edmunds
2a. Nelson- perhaps the safest pick in the draft.
2b. Payne- get off the Vea bandwagon. As good as he is, he is not as good as Da'Ron Payne. Just look at his name. Da (DaBears) and bring on the Payne. Not to mention he has a motor that never stops. Think of a bigger Aaron Donald. Oh yeah he benched 460lbs in high school. Did I mention he is only 20?
2c. Ward- Robinson puts in one good year, very scary. Ward has done it for a short minute. Forget edge rushers CB's are very hard to find later though not impossible. CB with those kinda of cover skills and sub 4.4 speed are even harder to find.

Damn I want the Bills two number ones so bad. I would literally trade all our picks to get Payne and Edmunds in round one and call the draft over. But that is a pipe dream.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:43 am 
Head Coach

Fine Edmunds clearly can't be an edge rusher. He didn't do it in college.

So I vote to make him an A gap Blitzer. He dominated shooting the A gap. We will name it a new position. A-BOMB (Agap Blitzing One Man Berserker). We can design a whole new defense around it.

It will be a 3-4 base with one heavy and one coverage rush backers. A 4I who can split a double. A 5T who can eat up a blocker. A NT to get in the face of an interior. And the A-BOMB ready to destroy shit.

What's nice is the A-BOMB can ascend to not just shooting the A gap, he can also develop into the F-BOMB (Free Blitzing One Man Berserker)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:14 am 
Journeyman

I never said he can't? Way easier to be an edge rusher than MLB. Just don't see the reason why?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:25 am 
Player of the Month

As a MLB prospect I like him, not at 8 though. I'd take Roquan over him. He's caught out of position so often, in the pros, that will get exposed. It will get coached up also, but my concern is that he doesn't have natural instincts. That, along with the inability to be where your supposed to be could be a bad combination.

Again, if we take him as a MLB I don't hate it..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:52 am 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
McCblaz wrote:
G08 wrote:

Still want him at 8!?

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't possible, Adi. His size, length and burst is outstanding -- there's a reason he has been compared to Brian Urlacher in some regards. If the Bears truly are interested in him, you have to bring him in for a private workout and make sure he can learn what you want him to do.

I'll maintain that at worst you have an elite talent at ILB. Trevathan and Kwiatkoski come out of contract after the 2019 season and ILB plays a huge role in Fangio's defense. To me, Edmunds at 8 is a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:09 am 
Hall of Famer

Here's Daniel Jeremiah's take, FWIW:

Quote:
Edmunds has a unique blend of size, length and athleticism. He primarily lines up off the line of scrimmage, but does get some work rushing off the edge. Against the run, he is quick to key, fill and finish as a tackler. He has rare lateral range and collects tackles from sideline to sideline. The former Hokie flashes the ability to shoot his hands and play off blocks, but this is one area where he can improve. Against the pass, he easily mirrors running backs and tight ends; there are even examples of him matching up and redirecting vs. slot receivers. He offers tremendous upside as an edge rusher, where he can dip/rip and bend around the edge. Overall, Edmunds has All-Pro ability. His upside is outrageous.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next