Jets acquire 3rd overall pick

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Barkley, IMO, is the win-now move for the Giants if they plan on sticking with Eli for a few more years. At the end of the day I kiiiiind of think Buffalo is going to bend over and take it in the keester to move up to #2.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Adipost
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
crueltyabc wrote:Why wouldn’t the Colts wait until draft day?
because someone could potentially trade into the 2 spot, and then the jets could say fuck it? or the jets could end up getting a better deal for the 2 spot? or a million other things could happen and it could fall through?

if you like the terms of the trade (and if i'm a colts fan, i think this is a fucking home run), why give it time to collapse?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This doesn’t take into account the fact that Ryan Pace didn’t need to trade up to draft Trubisky.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:This doesn’t take into account the fact that Ryan Pace didn’t need to trade up to draft Trubisky.
And there are plenty of counter stories (several from sources I trust) that said there were other teams trying to trade up.

Believe what you want.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
Adipost wrote:This doesn’t take into account the fact that Ryan Pace didn’t need to trade up to draft Trubisky.
And there are plenty of counter stories (several from sources I trust) that said there were other teams trying to trade up.

Believe what you want.
That's the way Pace tells it too... he got the impression from teams that wanted to trade with HIM that if he said no they'd go over his head and consider something with SF at #2. He didn't want to risk losing out on his guy. I didn't like what he paid at the time, but now that it's all said and done I'm glad to have our wagon hitched to MT10.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

BR0D1E86
MVP

Adipost wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
crueltyabc wrote:Why wouldn’t the Colts wait until draft day?
because someone could potentially trade into the 2 spot, and then the jets could say fuck it? or the jets could end up getting a better deal for the 2 spot? or a million other things could happen and it could fall through?

if you like the terms of the trade (and if i'm a colts fan, i think this is a fucking home run), why give it time to collapse?
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This doesn’t take into account the fact that Ryan Pace didn’t need to trade up to draft Trubisky.
There’s a fair amount of evidence that teams were looking to trade up to take him.
malk
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Barkley, IMO, is the win-now move for the Giants if they plan on sticking with Eli for a few more years. At the end of the day I kiiiiind of think Buffalo is going to bend over and take it in the keester to move up to #2.
They have to take a QB. Misplaced loyalty to an average QB (HoF my hairy ginger arse!*) is a bad, bad idea.

I'd trade down if offered loads but they can't take Barkley.

*That's directed at Good Morning Football, not you!
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

As bad as the giants were last year, I don’t see how they can expect to turn it around in one or two off seasons. I see Eli as a stopgap that placates the fans during a rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xyt in the discord chats
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

If Nelson is Pace's guy (and I think he is) how does this shake out. I see a lot of mocks that have the Colts taking Nelson at #6. Its possible that Pace could swap our second round pick for Indy's third round, and that would be a bit more value than we would need to swap the 8th for the 6th. Would you do that?
wab
Mod

I love Nelson, like a lot...but I'm not trading up for a guard. If he's there at 8 take him, but I'm not down with trading up.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I love Nelson, like a lot...but I'm not trading up for a guard. If he's there at 8 take him, but I'm not down with trading up.
Fair point. Then right now, it looks like we get Edmunds. Unless you think that OL is a definite need. Would you take McGlinchey, given a) our RT sucks, and b) Heistand is now our OL coach?

You could start Leno/Whitehair/Kush/Long/McGlinchey.