3 Draft Scenarios... Pick Your Favorite

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

3 Draft Scenarios... Pick Your Favorite

1. Tremaine Edmunds (EDGE) 2. Isaiah Wynn (OG)
42%
1. Minkah Fitzpatrick (SECONDARY) 2. Lorenzo Carter (EDGE)
3%
1. Quenton Nelson (OG) 2. Lorenzo Carter (EDGE)
55%

Total votes: 31
G08
Hall of Famer

Interior OL, CB, DL, trade down... tons of options for Mr. Pace.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:
staleystarch wrote:
wab wrote:
staleystarch wrote:None of these are my favorite. I have not drunk the "we fixed the receiver problem" kool-aid. I do think, post combine, a pick at number 8 for a WR would be a reach. I do think we should grab one in the 2nd. I'll go for my favorite.

1. Q. Nelson
2. DJ Moore
So, what WR goes then? And even after cutting someone, Moore isn't going to be higher than 5 on the depth chart.
We had the worse WR in the league last year. If you think we went into free agency and fixed the WR corps so much that Moore would be our 5th receiver I don't know how to respond.
The Bears have like the the third most dollars tied up in their WR's
The Bears top receiving targets next year are going to be Robinson, Gabriel, and Burton
The Bears are going to give White every chance to succeed
The Bears WR depth chart is Robinson, Gabriel, Meredith, White, Bellamy...so Moore would be ahead of Bellamy
The Bears are only allowed to use one football
In staleystarch's defense, if DJ Moore inexplicably slid to #37, I would probably draft him as I think he's a top-15 talent in this draft. I'd figure out the depth chart later.

But as much as I like Moore, I cannot possibly justify taking him at #8, or even after a trade-down on Day 1.
I would not take Moore or any WR at #8 either. Btw, the projected 5 wrs for the 2018 Bears had a total of 62 catches in 2017. I don't think I'm the one that needs a defense. :-)
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Decatur Staley
Rookie

G08 wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:i went with nelson/carter, but if you're positing that nelson could be there at 8, there needs to be a chubb/guard option as well. which i am quietly wishing for.
I don't see how Chubb will be available at 8 so I didn't bother going with it. Nelson I could see a few scenarios in which he's available there (mostly tied to how teams value guards high in the draft).
If Indy decides they need to protect Luck with Nelson (and 4 QB's go before us), Chubb could fall in our laps.

Tampa just picked up JPP, so they may want to address terrible secondary (Ward or Minkah).