Josh Allen's twitter past

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

thunderspirit
Head Coach

Mikefive wrote:
wab wrote:Has there ever been a teenager that doesn't say insensitive shit to sound cool?
Is it dumb. Sure. But most teenagers have done dumb stuff. All this says it that Josh Allen was like a whole heckuva lot of dumb teenage guys. Non-issue.
It's not a non-issue if he still talks that way, or if that's the way he actually feels. That's why you investigate.

But otherwise, yeah, it's likely much ado about nothing.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

Thank god twitter wasn’t around when I was quoting song lyrics and movies as a teen.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Josh Allen: “That is not me; I apologize for what I did”
The Josh Allen image reclamation tour is in full gear, hours before the start of the 2018 NFL Draft.

After tweets from his account when he was in high school emerged late last night, Allen’s trying to convince the teams he’s hoping will draft him that he’s not the same person that sent the messages with racially insensitive language.

“If I could go back in time, I would never have done this in a heartbeat,” Allen told Chris Mortensen of ESPN. “At the time, I obviously didn’t know how harmful it was and now has become.

“I hope you know and others know I’m not the type of person I was at 14 and 15 that I tweeted so recklessly. . . . I don’t want that to be the impression of who I am, because that is not me. I apologize for what I did.”

The tweets, which were posted in 2012 and 2013, have since been deleted. He told ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith early this morning that the tweets were references to rap lyrics and television shows.

Allen told Mortensen he thought he had gotten all the offensive messages out of his account a year ago, but he obviously missed a few. He also said some could have been written by friends in high school, as they’d often swipe each other’s phones and send messages. (It’s the high school version of “I was hacked.”)
I have a mixed reaction to this apology tour

it was nice to admit he was a dumb teen doing dumb stuff (we all were at one time), so that is understandable and something everyone can pretty much relate to

but then he torpedoes his own message by saying some of his stuff could have been written by others, which to me is oh so lame

I'm sure there will be more reports, more apologies, and probably some revisionist history ... but the cynic in me says he is only really sorry for possibly reducing his big NFL payday and endorsement deals
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

well the I love penis tweet was clearly written by friends fucking around .
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:well the I love penis tweet was clearly written by friends fucking around .

but are you sure? :-P
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Dealing with youth and young adults, white, black, Hispanic, indian, oriental, they all use the N---as term which baffles the hell out of me. It has been common lingo for quite awhile. Some of the other shit, I guess I have thick skin, doesn't bother me and is just a hick being a dumbass. Hicks try to be "citified" as well. They have to be big and bad to someone, even in the sticks.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

wab wrote:Thank god twitter wasn’t around when I was quoting song lyrics and movies as a teen.
I'm glad we couldn't have any recordings of the shit we said or had to say in BMT.

Funny stories now, but nothing I would want to have attached to me in my personal career.