Five Guys - RB Prospects

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Continuing this little min-series, I've been digging into RB's who could be there somewhere between the 3-5th rounds. I left out guys like Bryce Love, because even with him likely to be limited at the Combine, he'll still probably be gone before the Bears pick in the 3rd round.

This all may be moot if the Bears do indeed bring Hunt on board.

Anywho... here you go.

Jalin Moore, RB, Appalachian State
5-10 210

Team leader. Runs with quickness and power. Fearless runner who doesn’t hesitate to initiate contact…which leads to nagging injuries. Has great agility and balance that allows him to cut, change direction, and stop on a dime. Not great in pass pro and hasn’t had a lot of opportunities to catch the ball. Pretty intriguing guy whose running style and skillset remind me a lot of Kareem Hunt.

Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis
5-9 205

Henderson is just…productive. He just gets work done. He’s a very complete runner that bounces off tacklers and keeps plays alive. Has great burst and the short-area quickness to make defenders miss. He’s also very adept at catching passes out of the backfield. I like him quite a bit.

Elijah Holyfield, RB, Georgia
5-11 215

The son of Evander Holyfield was buried on the depth chart behind Nick Chubb and Sony Michel but finally got to breakout a bit in 2018. He’s a strong runner who never stops moving. Has good vision and finds lanes quickly. He’s a little bit more electric than Chubb/Michel and has a second and third gear in the open field. Not a great receiver…or at least hasn’t had opportunities to do so. He’s only got like 40 career receiving yards.

Ke’Shawn Vaughn, RB, Vanderbilt
5-10 212

Vaughn has had an interesting college career. He started off at Illinois with an impressive freshman season. As per usual with Illinois football, they mishandled his talent so he transferred to Vandy where he was better used. He’s a decisive runner who takes what’s given to him. When he gets to the second level, there are no guarantees that he can be stopped.

Trayveon Williams, RB, Texas A&M
5-8 205

Williams is sort of similar to Cohen but he is a pretty stout dude. Has incredible burst and good feet. He tries to play with power in spite of his size, ok vision, decent at picking up blitzes. Great as a receiving option out of the backfield as well as out wide. He was a star as a freshman but offensive line issues and QB play hindered him throughout his career. Scouting reports say that his skillset doesn’t translate well to a traditional NFL offense, but the Bears don’t exactly run a traditional NFL offense.
G08
Hall of Famer

Even with Love's ACL tear, wab? I think he might be there for us in round 3.

Curious how you feel about Justice Hill...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I don't think there's any way Henderson would be available. Honestly the whole RB group might be a moot point if we sign Hunt.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:I don't think there's any way Henderson would be available. Honestly the whole RB group might be a moot point if we sign Hunt.
That's my sincere hope. Mully and Hanley on the radio were talking about how the Bears signing Hunt really would be a move for 2020 than anything else, and that we would still ride Howard and if Hunt outplayed him at the end of the season we would move on from Howard.

In a weird way, it might be good for Hunt getting 11 games or so of hits off his body.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Several boards seem to have Sanders as a 3rd round guy. Miles Sanders might be the best back in this class.
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Even with Love's ACL tear, wab? I think he might be there for us in round 3.

He was a first round prospect until he hurt his knee. I don't think it's impossible that he's still taken somewhere in the top 80 picks.

As far as Hill goes, he's pretty light man... I think he played at like 175.
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:Even with Love's ACL tear, wab? I think he might be there for us in round 3.

He was a first round prospect until he hurt his knee. I don't think it's impossible that he's still taken somewhere in the top 80 picks.

NFL Draft Scout has Love projected as a 4th or 5th rounder. It's a risk because he probably won't be able to work out fully before the draft, but that speed makes me salivate!

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile ... &genpos=RB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:

Digging into his info I found that he was at 190-195 lbs (who knows if that's accurate) and did a 565 lbs max squat.

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

That's who I've got my eye on too.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/09/ ... tice-hill/

A perfect scenario would be signing Hunt, trading Howard for a pick and somebody like Justice Hill is there in the draft. I would never be negative on Jordan Howard, but we need RBs that are legit threats in the running game and passing game. It is just the nature of our offense. If Howard gets traded I'm sure he's gonna do great things.

Right now I'm hoping Devin Singletary is there when we're on the clock. I'd rather have Justice Hill and with Hunt being the starter this would be a platoon situation at best for him so the odds of him getting re-injured would be smaller.
G08
Hall of Famer

Holyfield's shiftiness is impressive for a dude who runs as hard as he does...

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Interested to see what Holyfield runs at the combine.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

Miles Sanders is another I like... curious to see what he runs at the combine.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Miles Sanders is another I like... curious to see what he runs at the combine.
I am a fan. He does everything very well. I think he is undervalued because he couldn't beat out Barkley. Which I think speaks more of Barkley then anything. Sanders would be a great fit here too.
G08
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:
G08 wrote:Miles Sanders is another I like... curious to see what he runs at the combine.
I am a fan. He does everything very well. I think he is undervalued because he couldn't beat out Barkley. Which I think speaks more of Barkley then anything. Sanders would be a great fit here too.
Seriously... he's my target in round 3 if we don't get Barkley. He's not elite but he's a solid, well-rounded back and he runs with some umph behind him.