No votes
Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU
No votes
Other
38%

Total votes: 8
wab
Mod

Most draft boards on the net have all these players available at #18. Assuming that's the case, who would you like to see Jerry snag?

I wish an elite pass rusher would fall to us, but that's doubtful. I'm having a hard time deciding between the top 3. Maclin is a game-breaker, but we have invested in Hester and Bennett, so we should see what they can do while picking up a B-level FA like Furrey or Shaun McDonald. Davis is versatile enough to play CB or FS, but JA seems to want Manning at FS come hell or high water. I'm watching a lot of film on Freeman and like what I see. He's a big kid, mobile, and has a cannon. It would be nice to pick him in case Kyle leaves after next season. I dunno...it's a tough call for me.

Right now I am leaning towards Davis, but the scale may tip towards Freeman by draft day. I'm also going to hold out hope Johnson drops to us in round 2, which is highly likely.
G08
Hall of Famer

I don't know what I'd want from that list because I really have my heart set on Everette Brown... I'm praying the guy has an Olsen-like fall down the draft board to us.

If not, then I don't know. BPA? If that indeed is Davis, do you put Vasher at nickle? Should Vasher be commanding as much jack as he's getting if he's going to be a nickle?

Tyson Jackson to me is more of a run-stopping DE, and right now we need a pure pass rusher. I'd almost consider taking Aaron Maybin at #18 if he's there, assuming we think his body frame can add another 20+ lbs without affecting his athleticism.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
IE
Hall of Famer

Sorry - I can't deal with Daniel Manning at FS... I just can't. If May isn't coming out, then I'll settle for Vontae Davis and insist he is a FS and not a C.

I know DE is a need - but I just can't get excited about this litter. I guess I'm hoping that Jerry can pick a gem at DE after the first ... and I'm also hoping that Rod Marinelli (I can't believe I'm saying this) will work some magic and un-do the DL Babitchness.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Fumblebuck
MVP

IMO, we have to address the offense, so I choose Maclin. This defense has had enough resources poured into it and should be alot better then we have seen. Its time for the coaching staff to polish up that turd.

On offense, we are one Hester sprained ankle away from defenses not having to use nickle & dime packages against us because their LB'ers are faster then our WR's. We have to give Orton some passing options and create some room for Forte.

Another option that I find interesting is trading down and picking up Percy Harvin. He's raw and a bit of a Hester clone IMO, but a look of Hester and Harvin on the field together would be a nightmare for defenses, and would open up the whole underneithe for Olsen or Bennett.
Chifaninca
Journeyman

Where is the Jerry Angelo special? -> I choose Trade down.
IE
Hall of Famer

I have to agree that it is somewhat intuitive that the Bears need offense ... especially at WR and on the line.

However...

Go back and think about what the defense did last season (Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, Green Bay, Minnesota, Texas)... and it seems like the defense is what made the most impact on the W/L column. So that's why I believe safety and DE are the two biggest needs.

Just my opinion.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wab
Mod

Would anyone take Aaron Maybin at 18 even though he is a vastly undersized DE at 6'3, 230? I know "they" say he's opposed to the a potential move to 3-4 LB because he's comfortable at DE...and "they" also say he can add 20-30 lbs without losing much speed...
wab
Mod

Also, I honestly think Vontae Davis could play either Safety spot...so he's a real attractive option.

I'll probably be some horsehit pick about two rounds early like Derrick Williams or Jarius Byrd.
gaba
Head Coach

Davis in round 1 and Michael Johnson in round 2? I can't even dream that big WAB. I'd love to see that. I still don't think DE is the great need that some have made it out to be, but for Michael Johnson I could be convinced to change my mind. I agree that defense is a pretty big need this year... or at least that it'd make the biggest immediate impact. With Jerry's history though, I'd also be happy trading out of the first round completely.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Would anyone take Aaron Maybin at 18 even though he is a vastly undersized DE at 6'3, 230? I know "they" say he's opposed to the a potential move to 3-4 LB because he's comfortable at DE...and "they" also say he can add 20-30 lbs without losing much speed...
I think it depends what he weighs if/when we bring the kid in for a visit. If he's only 230, then I'd say no. We don't need someone that requires 20 lbs of muscle with our #18 pick. However, I hear he's closer to 240 and lets not forget the kid is only 20 years old...

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Chifaninca
Journeyman

I think we may need a Starting RT now.........Two new starting Tackles.It's gonna be fun
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm thinking we are just going to go BPA at #18, unless we trade down. Personally, I think a very good WR, OT, and S can be had in the first 50 or so picks.

I smell a trade down unless we really like someone in the first round.

gaba
Head Coach

Of those choices? I guess Davis or Johnson, but it's looking like we really need to find some OL help. I kinda hope we trade down.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
G08
Hall of Famer

I think Johnson is slipping on some draft boards currently. He's going to have a monster combine which may elevate him, but man if we could take him in the 2nd I'd be stoked.