Rd 3 - #82 - Will Sutton, DT - Arizona State

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Kid of interesting thread read. This was the in Phil we trust era.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Kid of interesting thread read. This was the in Phil we trust era.
Yeah I was really....incorrect about this one.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

wab wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Kid of interesting thread read. This was the in Phil we trust era.
I think many of us went through this.

I remember reacting to Emery's first draft with "wow, he actually sees the same holes in the team I see, even if I wouldn't have drafted those players where he drafted them." After years of watching Jerry Angelo do exactly NOT that, it wasn't hard to get behind Emery for a while.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:

I remember reacting to Emery's first draft with "wow, he actually sees the same holes in the team I see, even if I wouldn't have drafted those players where he drafted them." After years of watching Jerry Angelo do exactly NOT that, it wasn't hard to get behind Emery for a while.
i think too that emery's press conferences had alot to do with it. every time i heard him speak i was like "fuck yeah, this is my guy" and i think after years of smarmy-ass angelo press conferences i was just straight up enchanted.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Eh... Kind of. In a lot of aspects though your not. Sutton fit the scheme at that time. The next year the scheme changed, and he was a square peg. For Sutton the best situation would have been Lovies defense, and for Sutton to drop some weight. We will never see that now.

A middle 3rd round pick to contribute for 3 years in a bad fit, isn't really a bad pick.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:
wab wrote:
Eh... Kind of. In a lot of aspects though your not. Sutton fit the scheme at that time. The next year the scheme changed, and he was a square peg. For Sutton the best situation would have been Lovies defense, and for Sutton to drop some weight. We will never see that now.

A middle 3rd round pick to contribute for 3 years in a bad fit, isn't really a bad pick.
Well I did predict DROY for him. Soooo.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Well you done fucked up and should be disgraced.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

RustyTrubisky wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:

i think too that emery's press conferences had alot to do with it. every time i heard him speak i was like "fuck yeah, this is my guy" and i think after years of smarmy-ass angelo press conferences i was just straight up enchanted.
I think it was all of the false promises of years gone by that had us so easily mesmerized by Emery ... he talked a good game and took actions we thought were the correct ones to make

and then things just kind of imploded ... maybe in a different way than in years past, but ending with the same miserable result
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Hematite
Player of the Month

Boris13c wrote:
RustyTrubisky wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:
wab wrote:

I think it was all of the false promises of years gone by that had us so easily mesmerized by Emery ... he talked a good game and took actions we thought were the correct ones to make

and then things just kind of imploded ... maybe in a different way than in years past, but ending with the same miserable result
Yep...Emery and his "Championships, not one, but many" talk did us all in!!