New mock from Draftblitz

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Well, I love that they projected Hakeem Nicks, but I don't know if that's our smartest bet with both Andre Smith (I know, he's a dbag) and Michael Oher available...
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Fumblebuck
MVP

Well, I love that they projected Hakeem Nicks, but I don't know if that's our smartest bet with both Andre Smith (I know, he's a dbag) and Michael Oher available...
Yeah, that was my take as well.
gaba
Head Coach

As far as WRs go... I think I'd take Hicks over Maclin or Crabtree at this point. I realize the others might have greater long-term potential, but I'd trade down to take a guy that can contribute right away vs. a guy that's gonna spend at least half the season on IR.

I'm not sure I like either of those two OTs in the first round. As the draft develops though, you never know how guys are going to rise and fall. All three might be off the board by 18, or we might be able to pick up a couple of them. That and I'm not sure OT is a first round need right now... at least not considering all the others we have right now. I'd take a safety if there's a really good one available. If not, I think WR might be the way to go.

(This is a developing opinion that very well might contradict anything I've said in the past and anything I say in the future.)
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
wab
Mod

I don't know that the Skins take another corner...they need a DE and some help on the OL. I don't think they would pass on Andre Smith if he were there and Paul Kruger is a strong possibility as well. I also don't think the Bucs take a TE after trading for Winslow. The rest of the picks are ok though...

I really think that the Lions take Jason Smith or Curry. I don't think they are in any hurry to risk spending the top pick on a QB.
Fumblebuck
MVP

Here's their updated version.

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm

Interestingly they have us taking Freeman in the 1st. Personnelly, I find that unlikely based on what Jerry witnessed/experienced in terms of pressure and the expectations that came with Rex and his first round status.

WAB, when can we expect a new mock out of you?
wab
Mod

Should be finished with it this weekend. I want to do all 7 rounds...
wab
Mod

I think taking Freeman would undermine everything they have said/done with Orton. It wouldn't make sense... If Orton bombs this year, we are looking at a top 10 pick next year, a rookie QB and a new coaching staff.
Fumblebuck
MVP

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mockdrafts.htm
I think taking Freeman would undermine everything they have said/done with Orton. It wouldn't make sense... If Orton bombs this year, we are looking at a top 10 pick next year, a rookie QB and a new coaching staff.
Thats a good logical take, that I have to agree with.

Anyway, they have now re-adjusted their mock and have Freeman going ahead of us (this guys stock is going thru the roof, and I don't understand it). They now have us grabbing DHB.