View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 am 
Site Admin

Jason Goff was "sidelined" yesterday after his pairing with Bernstein hasn't resulted in the return they've wanted. They're going to put Dan McNeil with Bernstein in the afternoons in the interim (or long term?), along w/ the possibility of Bernstein becoming a solo show.

I'm guessing that Mulley and Hanley aren't going anywhere, and I'd like to think that Spiegel and Parkins would be left alone, but nobody's safe at the moment. Goff's departure isn't going to sit well with many at the station.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:34 am 
Assistant Coach

I am not a fan of dumping Goff at all.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:21 am 
Hall of Famer

Goff has always been dog shit.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

I guess the other rumor is that Matt Spiegel is out as well.

Jay Zawaski may be on the outs too, which would be a shame, but I can't confirm any of this.

Either way, heads are rolling in the building, and I'm curious what their plan is for the future.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:10 pm 
Hall of Famer

I thought Spiegel and Mannelly not working out was a damned shame... loved those two dudes together.

Parkins I'm a pretty big fan of lately.

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/br ... story.html

Dan McNeil is returning to WSCR-AM 670, teamed on weekday afternoons with Danny Parkins, as part of a shake-up that has Dan Bernstein moving to middays, sources said.

Station management, silent Tuesday, earlier denied changes were in the works at the Entercom Communications station. But Matt Spiegel, who was McNeil’s broadcast partner when McNeil left the station in 2014 after failing to agree on a new contract, appears to be out after 15 months with Parkins on the 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. weekday shift.

Also on the outside looking in is Jason Goff, who had been doing 1-6 p.m. duty with Bernstein.

It’s still not clear who will replace Goff alongside Bernstein, who has been with WSCR-AM since 1995, but among those meriting interest if outsiders are to be considered is Connor McKnight.

A former WSCR-AM staffer who landed a job in 2009 through the station’s “Score Search” talent contest, McKnight was White Sox pregame and postgame host on WLS-AM 890. Those games, however, moved to WGN-AM 720 last month after WLS-AM broke its multiyear contract with the ballclub as part of station parent Cumulus Media bankruptcy proceedings.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

Parkins/McNeil should be a solid show. Stashing Bernstein on middays is...whatever, but bringing back McKnight to be his lackey is a very poor call. I'd much prefer Parkins fly solo, but McNeil's a good pairing for him. We all know that Mac will leave within a year for one reason or another, but it's a short-term good solution to solidify Parkins during the afternoon spot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:58 pm 
Head Coach

Holmes and Goff had a really good late night show back in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 pm 
Head Coach

Was never a big fan of the Parkin, Spiegel pairing. Still not sold on Parkin. McNeil, I liked but he'll start smoking the weed again and have to leave for rehab or something. Bernstein, never liked him and him solo, oh hell no. I like Goff.

I miss Jiggets. Him and McNeil were together I believe many years ago.

Wow, I had not heard this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:15 pm 
Hall of Famer

I cannot stand Dan McNeil. He is a gravelly-voiced, cynic that is one bad day away from drinking himself into a hole again. I listened to him and Parkins for 15 minutes today and had to turn it off. All McNeil could talk about was how bad everyone was, then when presented with facts by Parkins, immediately flipped his opinion. The only thing he was aware of regarding the Bears, was the Lovie era.

I liked Goff and Bernstein. I thought they were funny together. Parkins is great, and had great chemistry with Spiegel. Honestly, I think it was a HUGE mistake to get rid off Goff, and bring back McNeil. The only people who will listen that addict will be people over 60.