Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Congrats to President Trump.

Things are going to be interesting.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't even know what that was. I hope we didn't just royally fuck everything up.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

racist mysogynists unite! your man won

I really really hope he has a better plan as President than he had as candidate ... because he was really preaching some hate ... so much so that the KKK happily endorsed him
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

This country is fucked.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

This uh, should be interesting.
UOK
Site Admin

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Know at least one guy who was happy.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:

all people with millions in annual income are happy when a Republican, ANY Republican, is in the White House
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

Boris13c wrote:
UOK wrote:

all people with millions in annual income are happy when a Republican, ANY Republican, is in the White House
Yeeeup.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

UOK wrote:

Great now the refs will really hate him more
malk
Head Coach

UOK wrote:

Fucknuts. I could deal with his wife being an anti vaxer, just but this is too much.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Didn't vote for him and was very surprised by the results.

Hopefully his attitude and demeanor are closer to his acceptance speech and not his campaign.

Still can't believe he was nominated and moreso that he won.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Trump’s vast web of conflicts: A user’s guide
An agency-by-agency look at the ethics challenges flowing from Trump's sprawling business empire.

long article but a good read

the one thing for certain about Trump being elected is the federal government is now faced with many legitimate legal and ethical challenges to deal with
George Carlin
karhu
Head Coach

UOK wrote:

I can't believe that I missed this until now.

That said, and completely irrespective of anything he's said about politics,

Fuck Jay Cutler. Fuck him right in his ear with a rusty auger bit.

Hrm. That's not enough. I'll have to plagiarize a bit, like say a foreign prostitute-turned-first-lady would.

On second thought, I won't. I mean, I do hate Jay Cutler even more than Louis CK hates deer, and I'd gladly visit the same fate upon him, but kids might be reading. Kids? Just fuck Jay Cutler in the ear with a rusty auger bit, awright?
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

George Carlin
karhu
Head Coach

Beautiful. Which reminds me: I'm'a start reading my Prejudices daily, like some folks read their bibles.
So much road and so few places, so much friendliness and so little intimacy, so much flavour and so little taste.

Friendship is better than fighting, but fighting is more useful.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

[video][/video]
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I am participating in an anti-inauguration event which means no talk of politics, no television with politics, and anyone who mentions anything political during the course of the day picks up the tab for everyone at the establishment we are at (and by everyone, we mean the entire establishment ... everyone there ... this was the agreed upon fee for violators as we unanimously determined someone having to max out a credit card for being a dick would be a successful deterrent)

there are 7 confirmed participants including me with another 5 who we won't know about until the first stop ... we have 2 comfy vans and 2 designated drivers who as payment for their driving services will have their gas and all food paid for by the rest of us

our anti-inauguration begins at a small mom and pop diner west of me where we will have breakfast and Bloody Mary's ... the owners of the establishment have no interest in politics and said they would be playing old time 30's and 40's radio shows all day

from the diner will be a scenic drive through the mountains and woods in the Shenandoah Valley to our afternoon stop which will include horseshoes and Frisbee golf along with burgers, beer and shots

from there will be another scenic drive a bit further west (and probably nap time for some of us) to a steak house that features single malt scotch tasting and a cigar patio ... the entertainment at this establishment will be movies on the big screen in the main bar area where the patrons who paid for the evening event get to select what is shown

by the time this event ends, I will most likely be seeing double and happy to simply go home and pass out ... but, if we all manage to stay awake and wish to continue, there will be cocktails and card games into the wee hours at my house

no television all day other than the movies we select to watch ... no radio other than the old time radio shows ... plenty of good food, good booze and friendly companionship

sounds like it is going to be a nice day ...
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Sounds awesome Boris. I will do my best to ignore the situation which should be easy, but difficult as hell for my co-workers. I may have to suggest a type of politics jar, like a cuss jar. If someone talks about the events, political, of the day they pay in money each time they talk on the subject. Doubt others will go for it. Hell, I don't even know what date the shit is going down. I am already pulling away and it feels great.
UOK
Site Admin

I'm going to be at work. Won't be watching, will just do what I normally do an observe from afar.
wab
Mod

I'll be busy doing...basically anything else.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I may be fucked up but I want to see what happens. It scares me to an extent, but it is an interesting live study of politics. Luckily our system is set up as a republic.
G08
Hall of Famer

I'm becoming more and more convinced that South Park had it right and we are just an intergalactic TV show.

wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:I may be fucked up but I want to see what happens. It scares me to an extent, but it is an interesting live study of politics. Luckily our system is set up as a republic.
I'm kind of with you. It must be my morbid curiosity. It's going to be a shit show... I guess I feel a little isolated from it all down here in Texas, because no one down here gives AF what happens outside of these borders. Rarely does any media outlet talk about what is going on elsewhere. "Oh...by the way...Trump was elected...now back to Scott with more news about the Alamo cannon."
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

am amusing part of the inaugural festivities :

Senior Fox correspondent says Kellyanne Conway got into fistfight at inaugural ball
White House counselor Kellyanne Conway broke up a fight between two tuxedo-clad men and threw some “mean punches” herself at an inaugural ball Friday evening in Washington, D.C., according to senior Fox Business correspondent Charlie Gasparino.

Mr. Gasparinowrote on Facebook Monday about the alleged encounter at the invite-only Liberty Ball, which took place just hours after President Trump was sworn in.

nside the ball we see a fight between two guys in tuxes and then suddenly out of nowhere came [T]rump adviser Kellyanne Conway who began throwing some mean punches at one of the guys,” Mr. Gasparino wrote. “Whole thing lasted a few mins no one was hurt except maybe the dude she smacked. Now I know why [T]rump hired her.

“Btw I exaggerate none of this,” he added.

Another ball attendee told the New York Daily News that Mrs. Conway, who serves as President Trump’s senior counselor, stepped between the two men after they started fighting. Mrs. Conway punched one of the men in the face with closed fists at least three times before they finally separated, the attendee alleged.
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Sales of Orwell’s ‘1984’ spike after Kellyanne Conway’s ‘alternative facts’
On Sunday’s “Meet the Press,” Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, called easily disproved claims made by White House press secretary Sean Spicer “alternative facts.”

A bewildered Chuck Todd responded, “Alternative facts are not facts. They are falsehoods.”

While the phrase “alternative facts” reminded many of the terms “falsehoods,” “lies” and “untruths,” it reminded many others of George Orwell’s dystopian, politically charged novel “1984.”

Not only were people inspired to tweet about that, they wanted to purchase a copy. By early Wednesday morning, the novel was the best-selling book on Amazon.com.

“We put through a 75,000 copy reprint this week. That is a substantial reprint and larger than our typical reprint for ‘1984,’” a Penguin spokesman told CNN.

Sales of the novel also enjoyed a marked spike in 2013 — one edition experiencing a 10,000 percent jump in sales — following the leak of NSA documents.

Many quotes from the book especially resonated with readers following Conway’s remarks.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command,” for example, reminded some of Spicer’s argument that Trump’s inauguration had record-breaking crowds, despite obvious evidence to the contrary.
George Carlin