NASCAR 2017

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

the season schedule can be found here : http://www.nascar.com/en_us/monster-ene ... edule.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daytona speed weeks begin in February, and the Daytona 500 to kick off the season is February 26th

I used to watch on a regular basis ... I remember enjoying free tickets to the events in Richmond VA, Martinsville VA and Dover DE when I was still in the military

haven't had the NASCAR bug in years though, but I do watch the highlight shows and race recaps

any of you still have a solid interest?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:the season schedule can be found here : http://www.nascar.com/en_us/monster-ene ... edule.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daytona speed weeks begin in February, and the Daytona 500 to kick off the season is February 26th

I used to watch on a regular basis ... I remember enjoying free tickets to the events in Richmond VA, Martinsville VA and Dover DE when I was still in the military

haven't had the NASCAR bug in years though, but I do watch the highlight shows and race recaps

any of you still have a solid interest?
Same here as in I use to watch it. After Dale Sr. died slowly lost interest as instead of slowing the cars down and allowing the bumping and banging to happen they screwed up the rules so bad, invented the chase (bleeehhhhh), and got just plain stupid.

Still watch a couple of races, usually the super speedways or bristol, but the rest nah.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Carl Edwards leaving NASCAR with health, no regrets
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. -- Carl Edwards will leave Joe Gibbs Racing effective immediately, without any regrets and while he's still got his health.

He announced his plans on Wednesday, saying he has no plans to race again, but he said he wouldn't use the word "retirement."

Edwards said the timing was right to retire now -- that he is satisfied with his career, the schedule is grueling and he can step away now while he is healthy.

"I need to take that time right now and devote it to people that are important to me. ... Those [health] risks are something that I want to minimize," Edwards said.

Edwards will be replaced by Daniel Suarez, the first full-time Mexican-born driver in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.

The 37-year-old Edwards spent the last two years at JGR and had one year remaining on his deal.

NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France issued a statement after Edwards' announcement.

"Carl Edwards has made an indelible mark on NASCAR," he said. "His hard-charging driving style has led to memorable moments that will live forever in the history of our sport. Carl's passion and personality will greatly be missed -- as will the signature backflips that NASCAR fans have come to expect following his victories. We wish Carl nothing but the best as he enters this next phase in life."
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin