Celebrity rodent predicts 6 more weeks of winter

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, predicts 6 more weeks of winter

Punxsutawney Phil made his famous weather prediction Thursday morning, emerging from his burrow to see his shadow.

That means, according to Groundhog Day tradition, the U.S. will brave another six weeks of winter.

The groundhog, emerging from a sleep, squealed as he was pulled from his burrow about 7:15 a.m. He was hoisted into the air and placed on a stump before his official prognostication was made.

It was Phil's 131st prediction, an institution in the Western Pennsylvania town of Punxsutawney that dates back to 1886. On Thursday morning, hundreds of people descended on Gobbler's Knob as a light snow fell to watch Phil be coaxed from his burrow.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
UOK
Site Admin

I love our weird ties to pagan rituals.
wab
Mod

Things I don't miss about the midwest...
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:Things I don't miss about the midwest...
Pittsburgh is barely the midwest. It's a New Jersey away from the ocean.
wab
Mod

I just mean that whole "winter" thing. It was 75 yesterday. It was 45 this morning and everyone is losing their shit.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:I just mean that whole "winter" thing. It was 75 yesterday. It was 45 this morning and everyone is losing their shit.

Baha. It's like 20 right now and I'm fine with it. I like winter, personally. I hate this "bright blue skies but it's also cold as fuck" winter, however, which is generally Illinois from January-early March.
G08
Hall of Famer

Summer was my favorite season as a kid, for obvious reasons... now? Fall... it just smells like football.

Although Chicago in the summertime is fucking wonderful
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

I loved winter in the heart of Illinois when I was a kid...when there was snow on the ground and in the sky from November to January. But as I got older and the snow let up and it just became bone chilling cold, I decided I was over winter.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

that's the thing ... a cold winter with no snow to have fun in simply sucks ... though now as an adult the fun part of having snow has changed a bit

what has been bugging me lately has been the absolutely weird warm 1 day, sleet the next cycle my area seems to be stuck on ... went out to dinner with friends last Saturday and it was a nice day ... cloudy but upper 50's when we got to the place ... when we got out of the restaurant around 9 that night, it was bone chilling ... that nice icy blast before you can get your coat zipped and then you can't get warm ... don't like that
George Carlin
ClarenceSINCLAIR
Rookie

Winter

Pro`s:
Snow :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Cris`p Air
No Sweatin`g
Tricky Ice Everywhere
No Peopl`e Out`side :-D
NO ICKY BUGS!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Con`s:
COLD COLD COLD!!!
Burrr!
Less Day`Light
Injury`s :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher:
Dry indoor Air from Hea`t!!!
Last edited by ClarenceSINCLAIR on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearsausage77
Rookie

last time that hedgehog saw his shadow i got in an car accident and hurt my leg
CRM 114
Journeyman

bearsausage77 wrote:last time that hedgehog saw his shadow i got in an car accident and hurt my leg
Most unfortunate.

Groundhog Day is a pretty stupid "holiday". I don't even get the day off from work. Only an idiot would worship a groundhog and take whether he "sees" his shadow or not as an indication of when spring will arrive.
bearsausage77
Rookie

ClarenceSINCLAIR wrote:Winter

Pro`s:
Snow :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Cris`p Air
No Sweatin`g
Tricky Ice Everywhere
No Peopl`e Out`side :-D
NO ICKY BUGS!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Con`s:
COLD COLD COLD!!!
Burrr!
Less Day`Light
Injury`s :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :wheelchair: :stretcher: :stretcher: :stretcher:
Dry indoor Air from Hea`t!!!
i don't like snow

only sledlords and crazy people would like that

ha

!
ClarenceSINCLAIR
Rookie

CRM 114 wrote:
bearsausage77 wrote:last time that hedgehog saw his shadow i got in an car accident and hurt my leg
Most unfortunate.

Groundhog Day is a pretty stupid "holiday". I don't even get the day off from work. Only an idiot would worship a groundhog and take whether he "sees" his shadow or not as an indication of when spring will arrive.
I absolutely agree! GroundHog Day is literally a Garbage Holiday for nerd`s. Only literal moron would literally believe a dumb*** RAT is qualificated to be a meteorologalist!

So next time you're celebrating NerdHog Day make sure you realize your putting you're sciences in the hands of a dumb slob of a Mouse!

Thank you and gosh bless!!!

admin edit: Yeah, this is getting old.
G08
Hall of Famer

Clarence I have to ask... how many hits of acid did you take that final time you went down the rabbit hole? 6?

CRM 114
Journeyman

ClarenceSINCLAIR wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:
Most unfortunate.

I absolutely agree! GroundHog Day is literally a Garbage Holiday for nerd`s. Only literal moron would literally believe a dumb*** RAT is qualificated to be a meteorologalist! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

So next time you`re celebrating Ner'dHog Day make sure you realize your putting you`re science`s in the hand`s of a dumb slob of a Mouse! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Thank god I'm not the only one.
gpphat
Practice Squad

ClarenceSINCLAIR wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:
Most unfortunate.

I absolutely agree! GroundHog Day is literally a Garbage Holiday for nerd`s. Only literal moron would literally believe a dumb*** RAT is qualificated to be a meteorologalist!

So next time you're celebrating NerdHog Day make sure you realize your putting you're sciences in the hands of a dumb slob of a Mouse!

admin edit: Yeah, this is getting old.
I have to disagree with you Clarence, my family has a goat that has pinpoint accuracy in predicting droughts and strong storms. My great great grandpappy noticed that when the family goat would sleep facing the SW in the winter, the following summer we experienced a drought. He also noticed that whenever the goat would sleep facing the NE a strong storm would hit the area exactly 1 week later. Ever since he noticed this we have kept it's offspring in our family and the first born doe would always have this gift, the rest of the babies would not and we would use them mainly for dairy and meat. I can't tell you how many times we have been grateful for this goat's gift as she has helped us avoid disaster many times.
wab
Mod

I can't.
G08
Hall of Famer

What is happening to this board

wab
Mod

With Clarence and his smiley's put out to pasture, I've opened this one back up. I refuse to open the birthday cake thread back up.
CRM 114
Journeyman

wab wrote:With Clarence and his smiley's put out to pasture, I've opened this one back up. I refuse to open the birthday cake thread back up.
Where did Clarence go?
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:What is happening to this board

there has certainly been a turn to a different direction

I do not have access to the pharmaceuticals that would be required to follow that path
George Carlin
G08
Hall of Famer

I was going to make a 'vetting/Trump joke' but... yeah it would get political pretty quick :lol:

wab
Mod

CRM 114 wrote:
wab wrote:With Clarence and his smiley's put out to pasture, I've opened this one back up. I refuse to open the birthday cake thread back up.
Where did Clarence go?
We tried to help him acclimate, asked him to follow our basic forum rules, and eventually when he didn't take kindly to our suggestions he gave UOK and I the proverbial finger. So....banhammer.
CRM 114
Journeyman

wab wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:
Where did Clarence go?
We tried to help him acclimate, asked him to follow our basic forum rules, and eventually when he didn't take kindly to our suggestions he gave UOK and I the proverbial finger. So....banhammer.
You know, that wasn't very nice. I'm pretty sure he was autistic. I didn't have any problem reading his posts. Hasn't he had to go through enough in life without being ridiculed for the way he types? He probably can't help it.

He's probably slashing his wrists right now because he can't find anywhere where he's accepted.
wab
Mod

CRM 114 wrote:
wab wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:
Where did Clarence go?
You know, that wasn't very nice. I'm pretty sure he was autistic. I didn't have any problem reading his posts. Hasn't he had to go through enough in life without being ridiculed for the way he types? He probably can't help it.
I'm happy to show you the messages where we tried to help him, gave him multiple options, and even changed the forum coding...and he basically told us to fuck ourselves.
UOK
Site Admin

CRM 114 wrote: You know, that wasn't very nice. I'm pretty sure he was autistic. I didn't have any problem reading his posts. Hasn't he had to go through enough in life without being ridiculed for the way he types? He probably can't help it.

He's probably slashing his wrists right now because he can't find anywhere where he's accepted.
1. I'm temporarily locking this topic, as it has gone off the rails.

2. If ANYONE has questions about why Clarence is gone, I strongly urge you to discuss it in the Back Office thread linked HERE or by Private Messaging me directly.

3. My decision is final. Clarence, whomever he may be and if he is in fact going through such trials, should be in the care of loved ones and/or pursuing assistance as however he may see fit. It is not our duty as a Bears message board to nurture or care for anyone who refuses to be accommodating to our very simple and very easy requests.