Very sad our local pro westling promoition is shutting down.

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Well had to tell Emilee that Fully Loaded Wrestling is closing its doors. She cried and was upset. I understand that one has to make a better life for themselves and family so congrats to Commissioner Barclay on his promotion. But we sure are going to miss seeing all the guys at FLW. I know a lot of them wrestle for different promotions but Minot was such a great area to go to, only 120 mile from home. I hope to be able to get to other wresting shows but I dont know of many other shows run in North Dakota. Good luck and be safe to Chainsaw King, Darin Cobin, Bobby Brennen, Macen, Mr. Incredible, Christian Rose, Guns and Beer, the Whirlwind Gentlemen, Tommy G, Erik Walker, Arik Cannon, and all the rest of the wrestlers and referees. Thank you for all the entertainment you have given us. It was nice to be a called one of the regulars at the shows. Very sad to see this ending. And yes everybody I know the outcomes are predetermined. I grew up watching pro wrestling with my grandma. AWA out of MN, NWA/WCW out of the Carolina's' and World Class out of Texas where my go to. I was so much fun getting my little girl hooked on going to the shows. It was a Daddy/Daughter time at its best.
UOK
Site Admin

I'm personally amazed that indie promotions can still make ends meet. I knew a couple guys 10 years ago or so who were wrestling on the indie circuits, and it's a romantic, often payless life. They would work 40 hours during the week at these awful jobs and then drive 3 hours both ways after work to wrestle in front of 10 people in a high school gym.

It never ceases to charm me reading about old promotions and indie efforts from back in the 70s and 80s. Now it's virtually impossible to find anything localized, and if you have one in your area it's typically very unregulated, very dangerous, and of low quality. The ones that do end up making traction, like Fully Loaded, hang on by a thread.

I'm sure the guys you listed will end up getting some opportunities if they're willing to move away for awhile. The Dakotas could be a prime place to have a wrestling promotion start fresh, too, and maybe with some of the influence from the Canadian wrestling culture there may be something new headed your way soon.

Try to stay positive and keep promoting the small timers that come through your area, Rock, especially if the kids dig it.
Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

Yes the guy who owned FLW just sold to another local guy and the company is back. Shows will start back up in April. It was kind of cool in the last few weeks 3 of the guys that we see wrestle have been on WWE RAW. Davari is a jobber in the cruiser weight division. Darin Corbin was a 'security guard' trying to separate Samoa Joe and Sammy Zane after a match and finally Arik Cannon was a stand in for Brian Kendrick on 205 live. It is cool seeing guys I know on TV>