Was Truman justified in nuking Japan?

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

CRM 114
Journeyman

I'm sure you all know about this but in 1945, in an effort to pummel Japan into submission (and save American lives) Truman dropped atomic bombs onto the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, killing 150,000 or so Japanese citizens. Japan surrendered a few days later and World War II was finally ovah! Do you think this was justified or do you think Truman should have looked at other options.

I think it was justified, as the war had gone on long enough and Japan wasn't budging. It also sent a message to the USSR and to the rest of the world what might happen if you were to screw with the US.

What are your thoughts?
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

Probably as justified as the mods are for dropping the ban bomb on you, so... see ya, brah...
CRM 114
Journeyman

BamaBear09 wrote:Probably as justified as the mods are for dropping the ban bomb on you, so... see ya, brah...
What are you talking about?

Please try and stay on topic.
G08
Hall of Famer

Yeah I'm saying troll, deuces
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
CRM 114
Journeyman

G08 wrote:Yeah I'm saying troll, deuces
How is this a troll?
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

the fact you are making a "war post" in a draft centric forum named war room... cause... ahhh you're so cheeky... after pissing and moaning about people getting temp banned for posting things in the wrong forums... on top of posting non-bears topics in the halas hall section... so...

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

CRM 114 wrote:
G08 wrote:Yeah I'm saying troll, deuces
How is this a troll?
it's even worse, it's a pun.
CRM 114
Journeyman

BamaBear09 wrote:the fact you are making a "war post" in a draft centric forum named war room... cause... ahhh you're so cheeky... after pissing and moaning about people getting temp banned for posting things in the wrong forums... on top of posting non-bears topics in the halas hall section... so...

This forum is for the draft? How is someone who's unfamiliar with the forum to know this? This site seems to have some very confusing rules on where you can post things. It seems that wherever I post something here, it's in the wrong place. Maybe there needs to be a how-to guide or something, I don't know.

As for your comment about me complaining about other posters being banned for similar issues, I have no recollection of that.
wab
Mod

Dude. There's forums here for everything. It's not confusing. "War Room" isn't LITERALLY about war.
BamaBear09
Assistant Coach

CRM 114 wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:the fact you are making a "war post" in a draft centric forum named war room... cause... ahhh you're so cheeky... after pissing and moaning about people getting temp banned for posting things in the wrong forums... on top of posting non-bears topics in the halas hall section... so...

This forum is for the draft? How is someone who's unfamiliar with the forum to know this? This site seems to have some very confusing rules on where you can post things. It seems that wherever I post something here, it's in the wrong place. Maybe there needs to be a how-to guide or something, I don't know.

As for your comment about me complaining about other posters being banned for similar issues, I have no recollection of that.
Look dingleberry, even if you were new here and weren't the same guy bitching about others being banned (which you were) simple reading the forum descriptions would be enough for someone to know this is a draft forum... see I even made a screenshot for you to see... "College Football and the NFL Draft"
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 3.59.14 PM.png
as for your trolling it's pretty sad and petty (yeah I saw you also posted a Bears related topic in the around the league forum as well "hehehehe so so funny")
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CRM 114
Journeyman

BamaBear09 wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:

Look dingleberry, even if you were new here and weren't the same guy bitching about others being banned (which you were) simple reading the forum descriptions would be enough for someone to know this is a draft forum... see I even made a screenshot for you to see... "College Football and the NFL Draft"
as for your trolling it's pretty sad and petty (yeah I saw you also posted a Bears related topic in the around the league forum as well "hehehehe so so funny")
I'm on Tapatalk so I don't have the descriptions.

Look, I don't know who you think you are but if you don't stop derailing my thread, you will be reported to the moderators. By ME.
G08
Hall of Famer

CRM 114 wrote:
BamaBear09 wrote:
CRM 114 wrote:

I'm on Tapatalk so I don't have the descriptions.

Look, I don't know who you think you are but if you don't stop derailing my thread, you will be reported to the moderators. By ME.
What are your thoughts on The Art of War by Sun Tzu? What about by Bone Thugs and Harmony?
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
UOK
Site Admin

I'm going to just lock this thread, hope cooler heads prevail, and let everybody walk away without doling out bans or whatever.

CRM, when in doubt about your topic starting, The Lounge is the place to go. Halas Hall/Around The NFL/The War Room are all about the Bears/League/and Draft respectively.

Please use your best judgment when starting threads going forward.