National Best Friends Day-June 8th

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wonder how much Hallmark is involved in the creation of some of these holidays?

National Best Friends Day-June 8th
June 8 celebrates National Best Friends Day, a day to honor that one special person you call your “best friend”. This day is a time to show them how much you appreciate them, how special and important they are to you and how you cherish their friendship.

“Best friends share extremely strong interpersonal ties with each other.” (Wikipedia)

Everyone has that one close friend, the one that you can count on to be there for you, the one you want to share your secrets with, the one you want to do fun things with, the one you want to just hang out with, that one person is your best friend.

“When it hurts to look back and you’re scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.” (author unknown)

Celebrate National Best Friends Day by letting your best friends know how much they mean to you!
so I guess it is some bar time tonight with my bestie, and some extra treats for my pets

a lot of folks probably wouldn't consider an animal to qualify, but from personal experience I know better ... I know when I was recovering from surgery and housebound for a while, my little furry in house friends kept me calm and comforted ... and I firmly believe animals can sense when things are amiss and they up their affection and attention accordingly
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin