LaVar Ball

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

He thinks he can take 50yr old Jordan 1 on 1.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch ... of-1-on-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UOK
Site Admin

Jordan is 54 years old. He probably saw this, went right to the gym, and in a few days will post something to social media saying something to the effect of, "don't fuck with me."

Jordan doesn't appreciate disrespect, and he can still smoke fools. LaVar Ball is a fool, and Jordan is going to punk his ass.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

To be honest, I don't even know who LaVar Ball is. But I really don't understand calling out old dudes after they are, well... old. Jordan is a legend and always will be, really nothing to prove that hasn't been proven. Now if your going to talk shit, talk it on a guy that is still currently playing. Then maybe you can prove yourself when they call your bluff. Smh
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:To be honest, I don't even know who LaVar Ball is.
LaVar Ball is a retired former World Football League player who never made it in the NFL ... he is the father of Lonzo Ball who is going to be an early round NBA draft selection for someone

why LaVar would be talking shit about anyone for anything at this stage of his life is beyond me

his son has a Father's Day Foot Locker ad out which pokes fun at his dad :

Lonzo Ball hilariously roasts LaVar (and us all) in Foot Locker Father's Day commercial
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

That is the best ad ever.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Then I'm even more puzzled now... I thought maybe he was a half decant Ball player in the NBA for a few years at least.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:Then I'm even more puzzled now... I thought maybe he was a half decant Ball player in the NBA for a few years at least.

he's just some shit talker who had the good fortune of fathering a child who can be somebody so now he can be a public shit talker for his own benefit

as for LaVar's basketball ability, who knows ... but my money would be on Jordan

Dominique Wilkins doesn't think much of LaVar's statement either

Dominique Wilkins Says Michael Jordan Would 'Embarrass' LaVar and Lonzo Ball
Both LaVar and son Lonzo Ball said recently they could beat Michael Jordan in a game of one-on-one, but Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins begged to differ Wednesday.

According to Josh Peter of USA Today, the Human Highlight Film said: "It's stupid. Are they joking? Let me tell you something. They both would get embarrassed."

When asked if he could beat the 54-year-old Jordan in a game of one-on-one, Lonzo, 19, responded: "Right now? Yes."

Wilkins did give the younger Ball a fighting chance against present-day MJ, but he has no interest in betting against the six-time NBA champion: "But I'll tell you what, it's still a safe bet for me that [Jordan] may win at his age."

While LaVar, 48, averaged 2.2 points per game in one season at Washington State in 1987-88, Lonzo is coming off a dominant freshman season at UCLA and is set to be one of the top picks in the 2017 NBA draft on June 22.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin