National Hot Dog Day - celebrate with Portillos

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

today is National Hot Dog Day

Wednesday is National Hot Dog Day!
Time for another made-up food holiday.

Wednesday is National Hot Dog Day, which means restaurants across the country have free or discounted dogs.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council estimates Americans will eat 7 billion hot dogs between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day.

July 19 also is National Daiquiri Day and the month of July is National Hot Dog Month, National Ice Cream Month, National Grilling Month, National Horseradish Month, National Baked Bean Month, etc.

and Portillos has $1 hot dogs to help you celebrate

Celebrate National Hot Dog Day with $1 dogs
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Wednesday is National Hot Dog Day! To celebrate, Portillo's is offering $1 hot dogs. Burger King, Sonic and others also have dollar-deals Wednesday.

Americans eat some 19 billion hot dogs every year - 7 billion of them during the summer months. The average U.S. resident eats around 70 dogs per year and 9 percent of them consumed at the ballpark.

Los Angeles is the city that eats the most hot dogs, but Chicago's O'Hare wins when it comes to most hot dogs consumed at the airport.

Some Chicagoans take their hot dogs very seriously. George Alpogianis, head chef at America's Dog, showed ABC7 one way to build a proper Chicago-style dog.

A true Chicago hot dog, "dragged through the garden," is topped with mustard, onions, relish, a pickle, tomato, sport peppers and a dash of celery salt. Absolutely no ketchup.
yum ... Chicago Style all the way

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Love me some dogs!! Won't be having one today because I finished the off on Monday. Just give some good coney sauce, sweet onion, and/or some cheddar cheese. lately been putting the dogs in the air fryer, good shit there.

Good news for me, they are opening a Portillos in Normal, IL. I know where I am going when I visit my daughter.
UOK
Site Admin

Portillo's has excellent Cake Shakes and such, but their hot dogs are terribly disappointing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I can't even remember last time I had a Hot Dog at Portillos ... since I don't get to go there often, I get the Italian Beef ... good hot dogs I can make at home, good Italian Beef I cannot
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

:- :drool: