WWE News Bobby “The Brain” Heenan has passed away

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Rockbear99
Assistant Coach

http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/bobby- ... ssed-away/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WWE News
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan has passed away

By Corey Jacobs
Published on September 17, 2017

We are sad to report that the one and only Bobby “The Brain” Heenan has passed away at the age of 73. The news came from Jim Ross’ Twitter account.

Just a couple of weeks ago we reported that Heenan had to pull out of a convention appearance in October because he was immobile and unable to travel. Heenan’s health complications after beating lung cancer are well documented but even when his health was declining, he continued to go out and make appearances.

Heenan gained fame in the AWA in the 1970’s before moving onto the World Wrestling Federation in 1984. He managed a “who’s who” of wrestlers including legendary names like Nick Bockwinkel, Andre The Giant, “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig, The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard), Paul Orndorff, “Ravishing” Rick Rude, and Harley Race, just to name a few.

Heenan was also known for his wit behind the mic alongside best friend Gorilla Monsoon on WWE broadcasts and later during his years in WCW. In my view, he was the greatest manager of all-time and he will be missed. I think we all knew that this day would come much sooner than later because of his health issues but I’m still gutted to know that he is gone.
WWE bringing back WCW shows for live events and specials?

On behalf of everyone here at WrestlingNews.co, we send along best wishes to Heenan’s friends and family.

Gene Okerlund wrote the following on his Facebook page:

“Saddened by the news that arrived this afternoon from Bobby Heenans daughter Jess, that he has passed. Bobby and his family have had to endure so much because of his health. Bobby Heenan was such a great friend. You don’t replace people like that. Condolences to Cyndi, Jessica, family, friends and fans. RIP Bobby.”
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Bummer.

He was a real entertainer.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
UOK
Site Admin

What a coward. Tried to escape out the window.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Guy had to be older than 73 didn't he? Shit, I remember him forever. He must have started young and looked old or something.