50-ish dead, 400+ shot in Vegas concert shooting

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Wounded Bear
MVP

I saw a GoFundMe page set up to pay for these innocent folks medical bills. Only in America can you get shot up by an automatic weapon and then have to pay the medical bills from this political negligence.

#DoubleWammy
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Sounds like they are waiting to talk with his GF, whom is overseas, if she ever sets foot in the country again.
G08
Hall of Famer

southdakbearfan wrote:Sounds like they are waiting to talk with his GF, whom is overseas, if she ever sets foot in the country again.
Dude apparently sent $100,000 to her before doing this bullshit.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

southdakbearfan
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
southdakbearfan wrote:Sounds like they are waiting to talk with his GF, whom is overseas, if she ever sets foot in the country again.
Dude apparently sent $100,000 to her before doing this bullshit.
I saw that, it's all seems a bit off, but of course killing people is a bit off to begin with. And the FBI says she is coming back.

I wonder if we will ever really know.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

It's kind of weird but we always want to know huh why. Mass killing and suicide are illogical, and not comprehensible things. The why seems so important but it's generally the same illogical process. Yet I want to know why.
wab
Mod

The other thing that's wrong with this world, the stock that this shithead used was $99 on Sunday morning. Now it's either out of stock everywhere or selling on the secondary market for 7 times that.

I also got an email from a place I buy stuff through with a picture of the 100 round SureFire mags he had saying "Get them while you still can!"

This is the shit that makes it hard to defend. This is what lumps regular folks like me into the bucket of dopes you see walking around in camo with rifles slung waving flags and shit at rallies on the news. (And there are a lot more of me than there are of them...we just kinda don't say anything because we don't want to get publicly shamed.)
G08
Hall of Famer

There were reports everywhere that since Trump was elected as President, gun stocks went way down (nobody was scared that they were going to git dere guns taken away).

Then this happens.

Now stock soars.

I don't think this country is above doing something like this to appease their owners, er, stockholders, er, campaign donors.

Wounded Bear
MVP

wab wrote:The other thing that's wrong with this world, the stock that this shithead used was $99 on Sunday morning. Now it's either out of stock everywhere or selling on the secondary market for 7 times that.

I also got an email from a place I buy stuff through with a picture of the 100 round SureFire mags he had saying "Get them while you still can!"

This is the shit that makes it hard to defend. This is what lumps regular folks like me into the bucket of dopes you see walking around in camo with rifles slung waving flags and shit at rallies on the news. (And there are a lot more of me than there are of them...we just kinda don't say anything because we don't want to get publicly shamed.)
I know what your talking about, especially if you see the scumbags at a lot of the gun shows (not everybody, just some). You see a lot of rebel (Confederate) flags, etc. You see guys wearing and selling shirts that say, "Kill'em all and let God sort'em out." It's tough for me to hear gun supporters defend this culture when I know that they know this dangerous unstable and extreme segment exists because they have seen them and spoken to them or have observed them. There is no mistaking that these dudes are up to no good and it will take very little for them to go off the rails.

And let's face it, we dodged a bullet with the events that unfolded in Charlottesville. That group of white nationalists, white supremists, Nazis, Alt-Right, whatever you want to call them, were so heavily armed that (according to many reports) the police were intimidated to do anything because they didn't want it to turn into a huge shoot-out....
That could have been just another mass killing. And if anyone wants to picture a good portion of the people that attend gun shows, a lot of them look like the dudes at Charlottesville.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Yep, the a-hole individuals and companies that try to and do profit off of these tragedies should have all of their assets and money seized and given to the victims and families of the victims. It's blood money and regardless of being a relatively free trade society it should not be allowed.
G08
Hall of Famer

Sounds like this piece of shit rented a room that overlooked Lollapalooza this past August and apparently didn't show up.

My wife, my sister-in-law, and I were all there.... so that sends an odd sensation/chill down the spine.

wab
Mod

G08 has declared me a unicorn in the gun community
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:G08 has declared me a unicorn in the gun community
No, no... just a unicorn :lol: