Iowa parents charged after baby found rotting in swing

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

this situation is beyond comprehension to me

Iowa parents charged after baby found rotting in swing
ALTA VISTA, Iowa - Authorities have charged an Iowa couple with murder in the death of their 4-month-old son, whose maggot-infested body was found in a baby swing in the family's home.

Twenty-year-old Cheyanne Harris and 28-year-old Zachary Koehn were arrested Wednesday on charges of child endangerment and first-degree murder in the death of their son, Sterling Koehn. Court records don't list attorneys for either of them. Their preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 2.

Authorities say in court records that deputies and medics called to the couple's Alta Vista apartment on Aug. 30 found Sterling dead in the swing. A medical examiner found maggots in his clothing and skin that indicated he hadn't had a diaper change, bath or been removed from the seat in over a week.

Prosecutors say in a criminal complaint that the couple's account of the baby's death was inconsistent with the results of an autopsy, CBS affiliate KIMT-TV reports. Both said they had checked on the baby the day before he died.

"The cause of death was a failure to provide critical care," the complaint states. "The facts of this case go far beyond neglect and show circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life."
there are criminal cases that just scream for medieval responses ... where the criminals need to be publicly executed in painful, long and interesting ways

this is one of those cases
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Drawn and Quartering, public disembowelment or being staked out while rabid animals eat them alive come to mind.
UOK
Site Admin

I don't get it. So they just plopped the child into a swingset harness and forgot about him?

Drugs HAD to be involved.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote: Drugs HAD to be involved.
Yep.

Nonetheless, sterilization would be the very lightest appropriate response.

It's disgusting how lightly society treats stuff like this sometimes.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
wab
Mod

Fucking Iowa.
G08
Hall of Famer

Unreal. And I have multiple buddies that have been trying for and still can't conceive their own children.

This world has a decrepit sense of humor.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

No words...

BS, I have words. But I don't want to get banned here.

I just can't imagine how people do shitty things to kids. Though I hate most adults, kids i have a soft spot for though. Maybe it's just the hope in me that they end up being good people. It's just horrible seeing things like this and it happens way too often.