Mcrib is not a very great sandwich

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

PapaDongo
Practice Squad

I used to remember these being good. Got two of them today because I always eat McDonald's after a bears loss and they were just bad.

Messy, sauce was on the outside of the bread, one had pickles but they were all on one end of the bun, the other had had pickles just onions.

Meat was that good rubbery kind of texture but it's like they got rid of the smoked flavor, they would be better if they were cooked on fire grill instead of boiled or whatever.

Gonna pick up a couple tomorrow and throw them on the grill before putting them back together.
UOK
Site Admin

I mean, it's McDonald's.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Haven't eaten a McRAT in 20 years
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Never had one. The idea of fake pork, pre-cooked and then heated in a steamer, doesn't sound appetizing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Never had one. The idea of fake pork, pre-cooked and then heated in a steamer, doesn't sound appetizing.

I had one years ago when they came out and they were terrible then, so I don't see any reason to expect anything different now
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

anyone ever read about the economics of the mcrib? when mcdonalds chooses to add anything to it's menu, they need to be able to source like a billion pounds of it to adequately stock it's billion franchises.

so you can track fluctuations in the pork market evenly with the return of the mcrib. when pork hits a record low, that's when we get the mcrib back.

also, treat your body with some respect and do not put a mcrib in it.
G08
Hall of Famer

I... loved the McRib as a youngster. Had one last week and it was fucking awful.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

I generally loathe fast food. I go to McDonalds exactly two times a year. On my wife's birthday, because she's had a QP meal every year on her birthday for like forever, and when the McRib comes out. I fucking love that thing.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:I... loved the McRib as a youngster. Had one last week and it was fucking awful.

I think that was just your taste buds maturing ... the McRibs have always been awful from the beginning IMO, but your child taste buds could not discern that (probably due to the immense amounts of sugar coursing through your body at any given time) ... now that you've grown, and your taste buds have matured to recognize such things as refined taste, you realize garbage when you taste it
George Carlin
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I generally loathe fast food. I go to McDonalds exactly two times a year. On my wife's birthday, because she's had a QP meal every year on her birthday for like forever, and when the McRib comes out. I fucking love that thing.

really?

so what is it about the McRib that actually appeals to you?
George Carlin
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:
wab wrote:I generally loathe fast food. I go to McDonalds exactly two times a year. On my wife's birthday, because she's had a QP meal every year on her birthday for like forever, and when the McRib comes out. I fucking love that thing.

really?

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I don't want a pile of gristle-y pork, but I'm not everyone.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
wab
Mod

Boris13c wrote:

really?

I honestly can't tell you specifically what it is. Admittedly the "pork" isn't the greatest thing in the world. But for whatever reason, the sauce/pickle combo makes the sandwich for me. But again, I don't eat fast food otherwise, so it's not like I have a basis of comparison. I mean, I just had a whopper for the first time in my life last month on my 40th birthday because my friends were appalled that I'd never eaten one.

So I'm probably not the best judge of fast food taste.
G08
Hall of Famer

Taco Bell owns me. OWNS me.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Taco Bell owns me. OWNS me.
The girls love them some Taco Bell. I usually get my tacos from the gas station. Gas station tacos in Texas are life.
o-pus #40 in B major
Head Coach

Street tacos - mmmmm
There is a GM named Poles
Who has a clear set of goals
He’s rebuilt his team
So Bears’ fans can dream
Of winning some more Super Bowls

- HRS
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Wendy's spicy chicken (sandwich or wrap) and Burger king Whopper Jr's are the only fast food I eat.

Unless you count a medium double-double and Boston Cream as fast food.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Five Guys Burger and Fries is the go to high end fast food place here on the east coast ... everything done in the open ... fresh meat grilled as you order it ... everything about the place is top of the line for burger satisfaction

George Carlin
wab
Mod

I like the burgers at 5 Guys but I'm not a fan of the fries. I prefer Smashburger or MooYah (Similar to 5 Guys but in TX).
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I like the burgers at 5 Guys but I'm not a fan of the fries. I prefer Smashburger or MooYah (Similar to 5 Guys but in TX).

the fries are hit and miss ... sometimes they are great, sometimes not ... I think it depends on whether or not the fry person on any given day actually heated the oil right before tossing in the spuds ... when they do, you get those fries with the nice crunch ... when they don't you get soft pseudo-fries
George Carlin
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

Awww, I'm actually a big fan of five guys Cajun fries.
G08
Hall of Famer

Kuma's Corner is my jam in the city... not fast food but those burgers are legit.

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:Kuma's Corner is my jam in the city... not fast food but those burgers are legit.

well if you're going to throw restaurant burgers into it, that negates the fast food component

there is a local restaurant I frequent for burgers that is top notch ... name of the restaurant is Scion (like the car but it isn't) ... they only have 3 locations ... burgers are a bit pricey but well worth it if you enjoy a high end burger ... and their rosemary garlic fries are worthy of being a dish of their own
George Carlin