Winter Olympics?

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Otis Day
Hall of Famer

A week and an half in and no Conversation. I have watched off and on. Paid attention to some hockey, both mens and womens. Mens, hard to watch when you don't know but 4-5 guys. Womens, slow, sloppy, kind of boring. Watched and enjoyed snowboard slopestyle (?). Shawn White in the half pipe, some mens downhill. I love the short track speed skating but have not seen too much.

Kind of funny how announcers, radio guys have been putting their foot in their mouths. The radio guy calling the American female snowboarder a "fine piece of ass." She is 17!!
wab
Mod

I’ve watched almost every night but all I ever see is iced skating and women’s skiing. Occasionally a bobsled run.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Curling and that short track speed skating are the shit
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I can't stand the Winter Olympics. The Summer Olympics are fun because the USA does well and I'm extremely impressed by the marathon runners.

That being said, the coverage of the Olympics is brutal. Everybody has a "dramatic story" and they just pour on the cheeseball and BS crap to the point where I can't handle it. Costas also irritates me.

Yes, I think Blades Of Glory is a great movie.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:A week and an half in and no Conversation.
the Olympic coverage has sucked ... turned it on a few nights a go and they were broadcasting practice runs of the women's downhill than showing an actual event that counted ... I mean, the downhill is awesome to watch and all, but practice runs in prime time?

Otis Day wrote:Kind of funny how announcers, radio guys have been putting their foot in their mouths. The radio guy calling the American female snowboarder a "fine piece of ass." She is 17!!
another example of the simply stellar Olympic coverage ... no credit to her for what she accomplished, just some locker room type bs you might hear in regards to strippers
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Women's USA Hockey Gold Medals :clap:

I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hell. I had seen them play a few games and Canada play a few and the Canadian team just seemed much more powerful I think they ladies up north were playing a little tight. They made a couple of mistakes that USA took advantage of.

happy to eat crow. Great game, staying up until about 1:30 a.m. and getting up at 6a, I can't do that shit anymore :sick:
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I'll give this Olympics a solid thumbs up for entertainment value ... most all of the competition was enjoyable and a few happy surprises tossed in

some of the prime time coverage was iffy ... shouldn't have had to search around the other channels to find an actual event instead of practice runs

wonder if Korea has a plan for the venues going forward? it is always sad to see former Olympic sites simply left to rot

Incredible photos show the decaying former Olympic sites across the world - from Germany in 1936 to Beijing in 2008
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Adipost
MVP

I didnt watch 1 minute of olympics Coverage.