Beer fans

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Henry's Hard Soda

https://www.henryshardsoda.com/av

remember Zima? did you drink it / like it? well the days of Zima are long gone, but Zima like beverages are all over these days ... the latest (for me at least) is Henry's Hard Soda ... sold in the beer aisle with items like Mike's Hard Lemonade, Not Your Father's Root Beer, and many more

the Grape is exactly like drinking Grape NeHi (Radar O'Reilly would be proud) ... the others are tasty too, except for the Orange ... something seems amiss about the Orange ... doesn't taste like Orange Crush (as I expected it to), but doesn't taste like any other orange soda substance either
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Got turned on to this when in Mississippi last week. I can honestly say it is the best beer I have ever had. Limited distribution unfortunately so will not be buying in the Midwest. Had it draft and in the bottle

wab
Mod

Boris13c wrote:remember Zima? did you drink it / like it? well the days of Zima are long gone
Zima is back baby.

http://www.adweek.com/creativity/miller ... ited-time/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wab
Mod

Otis Day wrote:Got turned on to this when in Mississippi last week. I can honestly say it is the best beer I have ever had. Limited distribution unfortunately so will not be buying in the Midwest. Had it draft and in the bottle

They have it at Benny's if you are near one up there in the Burgh.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Nearest one is in Bloomington, may have to take a road trip. Co-worker said she bought it once in Peoria at a Friar Tuck's.

While in a big liquor store in St Louis, checked, they didn't have it. I bought a locally brewed pecan beer and it just wasn't the same. :frustrated:
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Reliving my college days this past weekend. Was in Macomb so had to pick up some Mickeys. It had been about 30 yrs since I had them. Shit went down too smooth. I don't remember them tasting this good. Followed the Mickeys with Stag!!

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Image

Reliving my college days this past weekend. Was in Macomb so had to pick up some Mickeys. It had been about 30 yrs since I had them. Shit went down too smooth. I don't remember them tasting this good.
perhaps it does still taste like deer piss but your taste buds are worn out?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

making my way thru some Leinies the past couple of weeks.
Wounded Bear
MVP

We used to drink this malt liquor in high school and college called Haffenreffer Private Stock. It had these phrase puzzles on the inside of the caps to solve so you were incentivized to drink more....really, really bad idea.

I swear I saw a wall move 8 feet away from me when I was sitting on a couch drinking these things. Later that night I woke up lying in the middle of an apartment parking lot with a car going by me. Needless to say, I was hooked - the stupidity of youth.

The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Adipost
MVP

Wounded Bear wrote:We used to drink this malt liquor in high school and college called Haffenreffer Private Stock. It had these phrase puzzles on the inside of the caps to solve so you were incentivized to drink more....really, really bad idea.

I swear I saw a wall move 8 feet away from me when I was sitting on a couch drinking these things. Later that night I woke up lying in the middle of an apartment parking lot with a car going by me. Needless to say, I was hooked - the stupidity of youth.