Pace: Deiondre Hall, Kyle Fuller may move to safety

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I don't think that's right. I think HJQ finished the season . I think you should look it up and find out for me.
wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:I don't think that's right. I think HJQ finished the season . I think you should look it up and find out for me.
HJQ started the first 12 games and was benched for Bush.
G08
Hall of Famer

Bush started the last few games from what I recall... he was the culprit on that busted Cover 6 against Rodgers/Nelson.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

If there was ANYONE who needed replaced this offseason, it was HJQ. He was just terrible.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
ysleblanc
MVP

Middleguard wrote:If the Bears are really aiming past this year to 2018. they don't need ST aces like Prosinski and McManis. They need the roster spots, and they need to be developing new ST aces from of the 1st and 2nd year players who aren't necessarily forecast as future starters.

I think the McManis and Prosinski roster spots will be theirs until it gets to a point where there is a young player(S or C) that is too good to pass waivers/risk losing. Right now there are a lot of 1st/2nd year guys that showed flashes but are still fringe NFLers. Some of those guys will have to step up this off season/preseason.
wab
Mod

I think ideally DHC takes the ST reigns from McManis.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I'd agree that when you're rebuilding, you develop position players, not STers.

You can add ST aces later, when you're getting ready to contend.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:I don't think that's right. I think HJQ finished the season . I think you should look it up and find out for me.
HJQ started the first 12 games and was benched for Bush.
Had to look it up as all of our memories are foggy from the Bears hell we endure. Yes Bush started week 11-16. Bush sat out week 17 with an ankle injury. Amos didn't start week 13-14 I believe with an injury. HJQ started with Bush those games, and week 17. So I miss remembered.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

5/19
Double threat: The Bears plan to give second-year defensive back Deiondre' Hall reps at both cornerback and safety during their offseason practices.

After playing both positions at Northern Iowa, the 2016 fourth-round draft pick lined up exclusively at cornerback last year as a rookie, compiling seven tackles and one interception while being limited to eight games by an ankle injury.

"He's going to do both," Fangio said. "We're going to float him back and forth. He's had some experience there in college. When it comes to picking your team, and you're going to pick nine or 10 DBs to make your team, if somebody's got versatility and can play multiple spots, that helps. So we're going to see if he's one of those guys."
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Moriarty wrote:I'd agree that when you're rebuilding, you develop position players, not STers.

You can add ST aces later, when you're getting ready to contend.
This point didn't occur to me until it was posted earlier. It makes total sense.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.