Saints trade Adrian Peterson to the Cardinals.

For all things Chicago Bears

Moderator: wab

alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -cardinals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like this move.
FaithInCutler
MVP

I don’t think it hurts the Cardinals to add a running back to the mix, but I don’t think t helps them as much as people think. They can add CJ, Chris Johnson and whoever else they want to add to the mix, they can’t replace David Johnson. DJ is a huge receiving threat and a beast with the ball in his hands. He creates on his own, something I don’t think AP can do anymore. We’ll see. But I would have seen what the Bills wanted out of Shaddy. I know they think they are competing now, but deep down, they know they cant. They need to get what they can out of McCoy while they can, and give him a shot at a ring.
"dooooonnn'tt ccaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee" - Jay Cutler
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

Cardinals line is pretty bad imo. Peterson can help out that he can both run and catch but I'm not sure he will help out more than that. He doesn't have the speed he once had.
YOGABBA
Rookie

Man, the might have really fallen. It's like my dad always says, "Don't count your chickens before they cross the street."
BearDen
Journeyman

Adrian Peterson is done. Couldn't even help the Saints as a part time RB, no way he'll produce.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

BearDen wrote:Adrian Peterson is done. Couldn't even help the Saints as a part time RB, no way he'll produce.
IDK, I don't think he has a lot left in the tank, but I think he could help the Cards as their run game is simply abismal.

The saints signing never made sense for him or them as their offense doesn't operate in a manner that would be able to utilize his skills. He is a back that needs carries to get going.

But the cards line is bad bad bad.
Wounded Bear
MVP

I was watching a New Orleans game and they were saying that they can't put him in during pass plays because he doesn't pass block so that limits his time out on the field.....

So let me get this straight, AP is 6'1", 220lbs and he doesn't pass block? WTMF?

Can someone please explain that one to me?
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Wounded Bear wrote:I was watching a New Orleans game and they were saying that they can't put him in during pass plays because he doesn't pass block so that limits his time out on the field.....

So let me get this straight, AP is 6'1", 220lbs and he doesn't pass block? WTMF?

That has always been the knock on him for his entire career, along with having hands worse than bellamy.

I would suppose it's really all about want to. He wants to carry the rock, not catch it and not pass block, so he does it half assed.
Wounded Bear
MVP

southdakbearfan wrote:
Wounded Bear wrote:I was watching a New Orleans game and they were saying that they can't put him in during pass plays because he doesn't pass block so that limits his time out on the field.....

That has always been the knock on him for his entire career, along with having hands worse than bellamy.

I would suppose it's really all about want to. He wants to carry the rock, not catch it and not pass block, so he does it half assed.
Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. Such a tremendous athlete with a peanut sized brain. Selfish prima donna living in the past.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson